WTB: 4.0 throttle body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: 4.0 throttle body

i have a 98' tj with a 2.5L and i'm looking to upgrade to a 4.0 TB......what ya got??

I have a 4.0L intake out of a 96 XJ no IAC valve

$20
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

this is probably a dumb question but what's an IAC valve?

hey! i think i went to your shop a couple years ago to have you install a 2in lift on my gf's blue libby then weld a new lower control arm bracket on my tj...lol

Comment

Idle Air Control valve
        a little stepper motor connected to a valve which directs air around the throttle plate to adjust the idle.

They're common to go bad I already stole it off for another car.

The TPS is still on there. Throttle Position Sensor which tells the computer where the throttle plate is positioned.

Originally posted by kev711 View Post
        hey! i think i went to your shop a couple years ago to have you install a 2in lift on my gf's blue libby then weld a new lower control arm bracket on my tj...lol
        Ya I remember that. Hows everything working?
        RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:
        Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

hey! yea, my tj is goin great. added a couple things since you last seen it. my girl totaled her libby and junked it without taking off the moabs, 7in in dash dvd player, 10in sub, amp, or the lift!!!! and to top it off she bought a Honda Fit

i'll give you a call today, your TB has the right price tag, would you be able to give me a hand to do the swap?....oh..i was lookin around and what's the deal with this whistling people get when they do a swap???

Comment

I'm not sure what exactly what is involved with doing the swap.
            I might be able to help with the swap.
            I'm leaving tomorrow for the weekend, Rausch Creek Competition.
            You can either pick it up tonight or next week.

Sorry to hear about your girls car.
            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

it happens..lol

i might be able to pick it up sometime today. will you be available all day?

Comment

after 5:30
                RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

actually today might not be possible BUT i do want it. i'll give you a call

Comment

see how many sensors are on your TB, some older ones only have 2 sensors, while newer 4.0L's use 3 sensors.
                    up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                    eliminator MJ - Sold
                    99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                    Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
                      see how many sensors are on your TB, some older ones only have 2 sensors, while newer 4.0L's use 3 sensors.
                      thanks for the advice...i'll check tomorrow

Comment

yo if you want i know a guy the bores the throttle bodies out for 60 bucks.
                        i did mine an it is a good upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by 98xj_john View Post
                          yo if you want i know a guy the bores the throttle bodies out for 60 bucks.
                          i did mine an it is a good upgrade.
                          so would i still need to get a 4.0 TB? or can i bore out my 2.5?

Comment

im not to sure on the 2.5 tbs
                            i would have to see it you might be able to bore it out like the 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
                              i don't know if they were sensors but i seen 3 black pieces that plugged into it. are those the sensors you're talking about?

Comment

Working...
                              X