Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23 Spline AW4

I need an AW4 for my 99 XJ.

Would prefer if it was freshly pulled or known to be 100% in working order. Would also prefer if the flexplate and bellhousing came with it.

Got one from a NAXJA meet and greet but after hearing that it sat outside for years, had water in it, etc i don't really want to install it only to realize that one as well is toasted.

Anyone got one?
    Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Got one for ya
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

All the way back over there i have to go?!?

Going to be around Saturday?

Oh, and the doors. Happen to still have them?
      Hudson

Comment

I have one also, not sure if its 23 spline tho. I'd have to take a look.
        "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
        It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed View Post
          I have one also, not sure if its 23 spline tho. I'd have to take a look.
          What's it from? Positive it works?

I think I can just find a 21 spline TCase.

Although I do think BigBike has a TCase with a SYE on it.
          Hudson

Comment

'88 XJ. 2-door limited with a 4.0... If that matters or not... Last time it was run it ran fine. Its been sitting for a few years now, but its been wrapped in a garbage bag in my storage area the whole time.

Also, how'd you end up on an Aussie board? Just curious.
            "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...

Comment

Nope. They switched to the 23 spline the same year they introduced the HO 4.0. (91 or 92)

How many miles are on it? Totally ready to be bolted in? Nothing striped off, parts missing, etc? How much were you looking to get?

You notice from my signature or just happen to stumble across it?

Once i graduate highschool i want to explore the world before i get locked in a job, stuck with bills, house, wife, etc etc.

Australia sounded cool so i decided that once i graduate i'm buying a plane ticket to oz and seeing what happens. Should be interesting.

A bunch of guys on that forum have already been all "Hey mate when you get here you got a place" which is pretty cool to see.
              Hudson

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson View Post
                FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

All the way back over there i have to go?!?

Going to be around Saturday?

Oh, and the doors. Happen to still have them?
                No I just have the tranny. Ya saturday morning I should be around.
                -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

what doors, i still have one kickin around
                  2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
                  1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                    No I just have the tranny. Ya saturday morning I should be around.
                    Well considering you only wanted $20 for a motor, how much do you want for the tranny?

Originally posted by Lycaon View Post
                    what doors, i still have one kickin around
                    Black Rear XJ Mechanical doors 97+. Bigbike had two of them last time i was there but i was too dumb to take them.
                    Hudson

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson View Post
                      Nope. They switched to the 23 spline the same year they introduced the HO 4.0. (91 or 92)

How many miles are on it? Totally ready to be bolted in? Nothing striped off, parts missing, etc? How much were you looking to get?

You notice from my signature or just happen to stumble across it?

Once i graduate highschool i want to explore the world before i get locked in a job, stuck with bills, house, wife, etc etc.

Australia sounded cool so i decided that once i graduate i'm buying a plane ticket to oz and seeing what happens. Should be interesting.

A bunch of guys on that forum have already been all "Hey mate when you get here you got a place" which is pretty cool to see.
                      Jesus... That was so much information in such little space that I actually peed myself when faced with trying to wrap my head around it all...

Ok, so I kinda actually figured an 88 would be a different spline or something so theres that. I cant remember the milage, but I can find out. Complete as far as I can remember, I pulled the damn thing and Im not one to cut or ditch anything. So it should be in good working order. Ready to bolt in, comes with T-converter.

I'll have to get it out of storage to give it a double check, but Im sure its fine. Came out behind a blown motor, and just never went into anything. So should be good.

As for the Aussie board Q, I followed the link in your sig. Was just curious. They seem like nice guys over there, I might sign up. And good luck on traveling man, always wish I had just picked up and gone...

Comment

Working...
                      X