Tj 3 bolt exhaust flange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tj 3 bolt exhaust flange

I need one of the end of the 3 Bolt exhaust flange off a wrangler. one end of the flange is located on the down pipe the other on the Cat . If you have an old cat or old down pipe set up you can cut it off of let me know. This is on a 2001 wrangler I believe the older ones do not have this flange setup. let me know if you have anything
    Last edited by ErikVilla; 04-22-2013, 10:33 AM.
    01 tj

you can find new flanges for under $20 shipped to your door online, maybe napa would carry also. did your stock one on the header rot away ? the bolts are pressed in also if that above pic is of your jeeps exhaust, they will bang out with a hammer and normal nuts/bolts can be used
    up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
    eliminator MJ - Sold
    99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
    Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

I might have a flange, I'll check.
      97 XJ.

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
        you can find new flanges for under $20 shipped to your door online, maybe napa would carry also. did your stock one on the header rot away ? the bolts are pressed in also if that above pic is of your jeeps exhaust, they will bang out with a hammer and normal nuts/bolts can be used
        tried a few aftermarket ones bolt pattern are different . Also couldn't get those studs out for the life of me. Tried Heat , Pb blaster and drilling them out, They must be harden steel .
        01 tj

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
          I might have a flange, I'll check.
          That would be Great !
          01 tj

Comment

Originally posted by ErikVilla View Post
            tried a few aftermarket ones bolt pattern are different . Also couldn't get those studs out for the life of me. Tried Heat , Pb blaster and drilling them out, They must be harden steel .
            that sucks i had a hell of a time with mine too, honestly thought they were welded on until i ground down the head flush with the flange piece and worked them out. They are pressed in, tiny splines.

if you cannot find one I do see a few options.

option #1 make one. pick up a gasket for that connection from any parts store for a template. and a piece of 1/8 or 3/16" steel plate+ piece of exhaust pipe, weld it up.

option #2 cut off connectors and use a band clamp
            Last edited by 1cleantj; 03-14-2013, 09:48 PM.
            up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
            eliminator MJ - Sold

Comment

Busy week, I will look tonight! It came off Dinicola's downpipe though, so it might not work.
              97 XJ.

Comment

Forgot last night and out of town for the weekend now.

Fail
                97 XJ.

Comment

Update ! went back at it this morning with the big torch . Heated around the studs for awhile and clamped it down firmly and gave it a few good wacks with a punch . Both studs popped out.
                  01 tj

Comment

glad you won the battle!
                    eliminator MJ - Sold

Comment

Working...
                    X