Someone that's a good TIG welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone that's a good TIG welder

I need someone very good and very experienced with TIG welding aluminum to weld two threaded bungs onto my ron davis radiator. I was gonna do this myself but i rarely use a tig so i'd rather have a professional do it.

Does anyone have any good recommendations or know someone/ somewhere that could do this? Thanks.
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

gardner engineering in wallingford ask for lee he is the best!
    -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
    -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
    -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
    -57 GMC Pickup
    -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

don't do it, terrible way to mount a radiator. Ron Davis would slap you!

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post
        don't do it, terrible way to mount a radiator. Ron Davis would slap you!
        Really??

Hose clamps as compared to 20 AN fittings and braided line?? It's a common setup in most stock cars.

What do you guys do for coolant lines?

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

send it to me, ill weld it and test it for you
          95 xj JY 3" 35" truxus mt's

Comment

Gary Gara in Milford. He's dope.

Comment

Originally posted by Zullius Caesar View Post
              Really??

Hose clamps as compared to 20 AN fittings and braided line?? It's a common setup in most stock cars.

What do you guys do for coolant lines?
              Are you talking about threaded bungs for mounts or so that you can use AN? I thought you wanted to weld bungs on to mount it which is bad, if you're welding AN fittings on then get after it fancy man.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post
                Are you talking about threaded bungs for mounts or so that you can use AN? I thought you wanted to weld bungs on to mount it which is bad, if you're welding AN fittings on then get after it fancy man.
                Hahaha yea, definitely not even thinking of mounting it like that

Yea it would be so i can use baller hoses 'n stuff. cool.

thanks fancy pants

btw, that pile of tube and stuff you got goin over there is lookin' good!

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

why not just do it yourself you said you know how to use a TIG.
                  It is going to be nice clean metal not like welding a dirty crack oil pan or something like that.

I think Aluminum is easier to get a good seal than steel plus your only talking about 20psi.

I welded bungs on my engine and oil pan cast so doesn't come out quite as nice.

I have to weld some AN16 bungs on my radiator at some point.
                  By the time all said and done it will look nicer and hold better and cost the same as running hose clamps etc.

I talked to Griffen and they said -16 will be fine and most people seam to use -16 stuff but -20 couldn't hurt.

RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                  www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                  Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

My father is real good with the tigtorch, He did most of calabro's tig jobs(stainless tanks). shoot me a message if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
                    X