8.8 anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.8 anyone

was wondering if anyone would happen to have a ford 8.8 hanging around probably a shot in the dark figured id try . Looking for a 95 + disk breaks 31 spline, 4:10 gears if possible.

Let me know if you have anything.
    01 tj

What's your budget?

Comment

Originally posted by kfeal View Post
      What's your budget?
      Im just looking for a stock explorer axle with 4:10s if possible disks and 31 spline . i know the average cost of a 4:10 geared 8.8 from a junk yard is around 250- 300 just looking to pick one up quick and easy without having to call around.
      01 tj

Comment

I'm sure you probably have checked, but if not look on Car-Part.com. Especially since all you need is the housing right? Maybe a yard would give you a deal on just a 4.10 housing you can swap all your disc parts onto.
        97 XJ.

Comment

what happened?
          05 Black Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by AngryTJ View Post
            what happened?
            Spun center section.
            sigpic
            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

chain up and dump it in reverse
              98 blue 5 speed TJ. locked,35 kevlars under 6 inches,trail bling.
              98 red automatic TJ. 3.5inch on 33 kevlars, mall crawler status.

Comment

Originally posted by snapshaft View Post

What do you have to lose?
                97 XJ.

Comment

I would try that first too.
                  RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                  www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                  Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

cut, rotate, sleeve, and weld the tubes if that doesn't work
                    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

I was thinking of trying to pull it back into place somehow but can figure out a way that will work . any ideas.
                      01 tj

Comment

Originally posted by ErikVilla View Post
                        I was thinking of trying to pull it back into place somehow but can figure out a way that will work . any ideas.
                        i have a chain and a right foot
                        -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                        -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                        -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                        -57 GMC Pickup
                        -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

in all seriousness if your tubes are loose now i would try that, did it to my buddies explorer, running 40''s he broke the leaf spring perches and spun the housing, the drive shaft was locked solid, so he chained up to me tight and gave her hell, spun it back close and i pulled him home, then welded new perches and welded the tubes, been A-ok since
                          98 blue 5 speed TJ. locked,35 kevlars under 6 inches,trail bling.
                          98 red automatic TJ. 3.5inch on 33 kevlars, mall crawler status.

Comment

I've never done it your going to have to improvise some how.

Depending on how loose it is you can try just using the brakes.
                            I would pull the opposite caliper off stick a block of wood in it and stand on the brakes and stick it in gear, pop the clutch, small neutral drops.

If it is sticking out a little in the end it shouldn't be a big deal. As long as you can still get the C-clips off.

Or weld on a large chunk of metal near the diff and beat it around with a sledge hammer.

Or a massive pipe wrench.
                            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                            www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                            Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
                              I've never done it your going to have to improvise some how.

Depending on how loose it is you can try just using the brakes.
                              I would pull the opposite caliper off stick a block of wood in it and stand on the brakes and stick it in gear, pop the clutch, small neutral drops.

If it is sticking out a little in the end it shouldn't be a big deal. As long as you can still get the C-clips off.

Or weld on a large chunk of metal near the diff and beat it around with a sledge hammer.

Or a massive pipe wrench.
                              See the issue is because the axle has a clayton truss on it my tubes are where they are sopose to be under the jeep, they didnt walk out at all spring purchases and mounts or correct the center section just is shooting to the moon . i was thinking a chain near the pinion stick a long pipe through the chain out the back jack the pipe up to try n pull the pinion down which will pull the chain downwards and heat the crap out of it while im doing this. i guess any thing is worth a try lol
                              01 tj

Comment

Working...
                              X