Thrust bearings for 8.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrust bearings for 8.8

hey all wondering if any vendors on sis can give me a price quote on a pair of thrust bearings for the side gears on a 31 spline 8.8 with an open carrier.

I'm not even sure i can buy the thrust bearings without the spiders themselves but i just need the bearings for a lunch box install.

thanks for your assistance,
    mike...

haha...i remember when i went through this...almost impossible to find! are you referring to the thrust washers or bearings themselves? just wanted to clarify.... having problems getting the clearance needed to get the c clip in?
    99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

Originally posted by kracker View Post
      haha...i remember when i went through this...almost impossible to find! are you referring to the thrust washers or bearings themselves? just wanted to clarify.... having problems getting the clearance needed to get the c clip in?
      yeah that exactly what im looking for... i wish it was as simple as trying to get the clearance... I bought an open carrier for my 8.8 to install in place of the trac lok that was in it. but the new carrier that i purchased didnt have the thrust bearings... i have the complete trac lok but im pretty sure the thrust bearings are different between the two carriers. so yeah im just looking for the bearings themselves...

thanks,
      mike...

Comment

i got mine from randys R/P IIRC...and they were shipped pretty da,mn fast,too...give him a jingle....its the only way to get those....they are impossible to find around locally because believe it or not,8.8'S dont break that easily...good luck!
        99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

Thanks kracker, i actually got mine through East coast gear.... they hooked me up for $15 shipped to the door... cant wait to get them in... and get the 8.8 under my yj... been at a stale mate the last month or so... once i gets back to being a roller things will be going good...

Comment

Working...
          X