New(er) Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New(er) Head

After all the stuff that's been going on with my XJ, I've been kind of reluctant to post much on the site lately. Mostly because I haven't been able to even drive the thing. But now I'm getting back into things (without a choice, really). I finally started work on the Jeep only to find that the head is cracked and useless now. So I was hoping someone here may have a head from an old rig or something similar. I'd need it to fit an 01 Cherokee. So if anyone happens to have one available (that hasnt overheated and runs on stop-leak) please let me know.
    1993 ZJ Limited V8 (Stock) - Sold, but never forgotten

2001 XJ - A continued work in progress

Hey Wood, dont give up! Check out craigslist too. Try to put up a Wanted add on naxja.org under the North Atlantic Chapter (NAC)
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

http://naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129

POST HERE

Comment

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1049203

Helping you out a bit

Comment

will the 98 head work on an 01?
          I drive a Datsun

Comment

Yes a 98 head will work on a 01. I did the swap with a 99 head on my 00 XJ. How ever you will need a adapter plate for th intake/exhaust. I got on that from someone on NAXJA but got the last one he had. But you best bet is to get a 2006 head for a wrangler. I dont remeber th site but they had Cylinder heads for 350 bucks free shipping and a warranty.
            2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
            1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

hey I have a new or remand (guy didn't know which, just that it was new) 00 head I don't need in the back of my heep right now, came painted which has started to go crappy since it's been sitting for a year or so

edit it's a 01 head
              Last edited by H8PVMT; 12-22-2010, 06:54 PM.
              1992 xj Briarwood
              Disconnect d30 5.13 Super 35 kit 5.13 36x14x18 TSL's
              Welded front and rear
              13' LED roof lights
              Disco ball
              Truck nuts
              Spinners

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT View Post
                hey I have a new or remand (guy didn't know which, just that it was new) 00 head I don't need in the back of my heep right now, came painted which has started to go crappy since it's been sitting for a year or so
                Do you need the adapter for this?

Comment

adapter?
                  1992 xj Briarwood
                  Disconnect d30 5.13 Super 35 kit 5.13 36x14x18 TSL's
                  Welded front and rear
                  13' LED roof lights
                  Disco ball
                  Truck nuts
                  Spinners

Comment

00 and 01 are the same, but he said it's an 01 so thats your best bet
                    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by OTTE View Post
                      Yes a 98 head will work on a 01. I did the swap with a 99 head on my 00 XJ. How ever you will need a adapter plate for th intake/exhaust. I got on that from someone on NAXJA but got the last one he had. But you best bet is to get a 2006 head for a wrangler. I dont remeber th site but they had Cylinder heads for 350 bucks free shipping and a warranty.
                      adapter?
                      adapter

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                        adapter
                        I'm assuming something for the COP on the 00-01,s but your guess is as ghood as mine.
                        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                        MK2 Jetta > M3
                        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                          Hey Wood, dont give up! Check out craigslist too. Try to put up a Wanted add on naxja.org under the North Atlantic Chapter (NAC)
                          Not givin' up Maru. Just frustrated with how much I've already had to work on this thing. I know that's the nature of the beast, but in 6 months of owning it, I think I've comfortably driven it for about 3. Guess we know who made out better in this deal...

Comment

By the way, thanks for the feed back guys. The golden question is, will a head from a Grand Chero work in a Cherokee? My friend's father happens to have a Grand laying around his shop and the issues it has aren't related to that part. We don't have the exact year at the moment, but it's at least a 97. If not, I may be interested in the remand one mentioned.

Comment

edit it's a 01 head
                              Wood............oh Woodddddddd

Comment

Working...
                              X