Power Steering pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Steering pump

I snapped the little 45* piece on the bottom of the reservoir that connects to the power steering line. Im looking into a wj upgrade option, what year should i be looking for, and what motor?
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Only works with the 96+ setup
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

looks cheap on ebay:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-...item3a5cd7b52b
      2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

When you say it only works on the 96+ models, are you talking about a xj, or the pump needs to be newer than that on a wj? And whats diff on the old xj's than the newer ones?

Edit: Never mind, i read it works on pre 96 models of xj's
        Last edited by LittleD; 11-10-2010, 08:30 AM.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

are you talking about that little plastic tube that comes off the reservoir? I snapped that cocksucker this summer on my red jeep. The hose refused to come off.
          1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
          1999 sierra
          1967 M725 Big and Slow
          -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
            are you talking about that little plastic tube that comes off the reservoir? I snapped that cocksucker this summer on my red jeep. The hose refused to come off.
            yep, snapped it, cut the hose clamp thing, and used a diff clamp to hold it on.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Thought i'd bump this:

Being as im doing the motor swap in the next few months, i wanna get rid of my epoxy'd fitting on the pump. I know the wj pump wont work on the renix era motors, but is there any other upgrade? Im thinking about just getting a stock replacement but if it's not insanely expensive, ill look into swaps. Not looking to go into a gear box yet, just the pump cause it's gettting installed before the motor goes in.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

I believe you can adapt a chevy pump on to a 4.0 using a PCs adapter, having a lil trouble remembering but just google it to be sure.

Comment

If you're interested I've got the steering pump off my 99, with a PSC aluminum pulley on it..

The ps pump is getting replaced in the new project with a full hydro pump.
                  dirty30

Comment

Working...
                  X