Rear Dana 60 4:10 Gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Dana 60 4:10 Gears

Got a rear 60 from a 79 f250 3:54 gears in decent shape looking to either get 4:10 gearset for it or trade rears with someone for one with 4:10s. My front has 4:10s and I figure i can wheel the truck even if it sucks balls till I can afford to go 5:38
    89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
    95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
    97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

sold the 3:54 geared 60 looking for a one ton full float rear with 4:10s preferably 60 or sterling 10.50/10.25

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

14 BOLT OR BUSTTTT (AND YOU CAN FIND ALOT WITH 4.56 OR 4.10'S) I THINK IVE EVEN GOT A 410 GEAR SET FOR A 14 BOLT LAYIN AROUND.... STERLINGS ARE GHEY
      Originally posted by Ktmracer419
      some people choose video games
      some choose projects
      some choose welding random things together

Comment

hmmm IDK if I want that god damn boat anchor out back hangin up on everything! I may be grabbing a rear 60 for like $100

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

shazammmmm, d44 clearance.... d60 shafts are pussy unless its an hd or 35 spline.... sterlings are just as big as a 14 bolt and have that damn wide centersection with shit for aftermarket.... i can go on and on.... i made the dumb choice of pickin up a 60 and found the 14 bolt cheaper and much superior.

just sayin tho...
          some choose projects

Comment

Totally agree with Andy. 14 bolt FTMFW. cost me alittle over 200 bucks for disc on both sides and all the hub bearings. Stock shafts are pretty much indestructable, so bamm all you needs are gears.
            That and you can get one complete for like 100 bucks, they are pretty plentiful.

I have a set of 4.10 standard cut 60 gears though, i'm pretty sure anyway. they are either 3.55 or 4.10 lemme look for ya. If you want em they are all yours.

Idk what you are doing for front, but i'm selling the 30 spl outers and stock locking hubs too. 35 spline goodies in the mail
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Wade i think RJ has a Rear 60, try PM-ing him

14 Bolt-
              HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
              OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Well I sold the 60 I had for $300 My buddies dad has one I may be able to grab for like $100 so I'll see what happends with that first.. To be honest I really dont thing im going to break a rear 60 shaft but ya never know. I also dont really want to shave a 14b but hey for the right price Ill grab one... I just missed a free one too

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Most 79 Ford 60 rears are 30 spline and only slightly larger than a stock 44 shaft, just so ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
                    Most 79 Ford 60 rears are 30 spline and only slightly larger than a stock 44 shaft, just so ya know.
                    the full float takes a lot of stress off of the axleshaft itself though
                    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
                      Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                      the full float takes a lot of stress off of the axleshaft itself though
                      Like zullo said the shaft is no longer supporting weight its now acts as a way to transfer torque to the wheels so it takes a fair amount off the shaft as a Full floater. I have confindence in it to run 37s.

If I get a sterling rear its plenty strong Ive had several in various fords Ive owned one on 35s one on 38.5's and one on 44's never had a single issue with any. The truck on 38.5's was a 460 5speed truck that would smoke the tires into 3rd and never broke a single thing in the rear end..

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
                        Like zullo said the shaft is no longer supporting weight its now acts as a way to transfer torque to the wheels so it takes a fair amount off the shaft as a Full floater. I have confindence in it to run 37s.

If I get a sterling rear its plenty strong Ive had several in various fords Ive owned one on 35s one on 38.5's and one on 44's never had a single issue with any. The truck on 38.5's was a 460 5speed truck that would smoke the tires into 3rd and never broke a single thing in the rear end..
                        well try something new.... i bet you will never go back after ya get a 14 bolt.
                        some choose projects

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
                          well try something new.... i bet you will never go back after ya get a 14 bolt.
                          hahaha well see what I find in my search like I said If I get one free or cheap I'll rock it

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Working...
                          X