BUILT D44 or 8.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUILT D44 or 8.8

Well its about that time kids. Looking for a new rear axle for the Jeep. Feel free to post up things on CL or any other site. This will be bumped in 3 weeks when I get home. Anyway heres what I want in either a D44 or 8.8

- NOT A TURD - something build well thats not going to fail on me driving down the road
    - 4.56 gears or 4.88 gears. Nothing deeper then 4.88
    - Locker. Not welded. I dont care what it is or if its free, if its welded i dont want it.
    - No bearing issues, if I have to rebuild it it better be under $400 and have a full case locker or ARB in it.
    - Bolt into an XJ

I know its kinda strict but thats what I want. I figure if I can find a built one then I can just throw it in the Jeep and gear the 30 that week instead of taking up time trying to build 2.

Show me what ya gots. Thanks
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/1973581754.html
    HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
    OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

BUMP. Home in a week. Post here, not in Josh`s thread, my threads better

Comment

HP44 rear, 4.56's, chromos, spool, xj bolt in. we'll talk when you get home.
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

WHAT A TEASE!!!!!!! You gotta give me more info then that man

Yours?
          Price?
          Right Bolt pattern?

Pleze

Comment

WHAT A TEASE!!!!!!! You gotta give me more info then that man

Yours?
            Price?
            Right Bolt pattern?

Pleze

Comment

hahahaha. basically, all u need to do are buy shafts, a carrier/locker, and an install kit. I retubed that ford hp44 housing i had to use as a baller rear axle.

So for the same cost of building a regular 44, minus the free 4.56 r&p that come in this deal, you gets sweet high piniony action.

the only thing i was told that blows about hp rears is that the drive side and the coast side flip flop, i've been told its no issue, but i have also heard it wears the gears out quicker. I'll do somemore research on it if you want me to.
              Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 10-13-2010, 07:39 PM.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1045787
                -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

BUMP

Comment

HP 44 rear, completely custom built.

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                      HP 44 rear, completely custom built.
                      Not really, I mean if I wanted to do that I would just build something here. Thanks though Sr. Pasta

Comment

Working...
                      X