Holley 950 or Demon 850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holley 950 or Demon 850

Has to have provisions for a choke, just asking the gearheads to keep their eyes peeled. Most likely going to end up buying a new one anyhow.

Well a 950cfm carb might be a bit much unless you making some BIG numbers or shooting for that faster 2 mph in the 1/4. A little research on the Demon carbs shows that they're flow rated based on wet flow while the Holleys are supposedly dry flowed. If that's truly the case, then a wet flowed carb will have quite a bit more dry flow making the 850 Demon more the equivalent of a 900+ cfm Holley.
    seo services india

Comment

My dad might have something laying around from the Deuce build. He's got a hookup with some rat rod guys, I'll let them know you're looking.
      2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
      MK2 Jetta > M3
      Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by jennyjohn View Post
        Well a 950cfm carb might be a bit much unless you making some BIG numbers or shooting for that faster 2 mph in the 1/4. A little research on the Demon carbs shows that they're flow rated based on wet flow while the Holleys are supposedly dry flowed. If that's truly the case, then a wet flowed carb will have quite a bit more dry flow making the 850 Demon more the equivalent of a 900+ cfm Holley.
        Trust me I know what size carb I need. Your absolutely right about the way holley rates compared to demon, hence why I'm asking for a smaller demon.

Comment

Working...
        X