• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor

like it says, i'm looking for a motor, here are the requirements:

- v8 and gasoline fuel source
    - fuel injected
    - needs to have a wiring harness with it
    - good running condition, head gaskets, bad valve seals, don't bother me, i will rebuild a head, but any issues after those its no good.

Preferably a chevy motor seeing as it is going to be mated to a th400.

i have been looking for a 5.7 vortec, this is my preferance, allthough if you have something that fits my needs, or know of someone selling the like, let me know. I'm on craigslist almost anyday hunting down a good deal. So if you see anything you think i may be interested in, please just let me know.
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

with those requirements your best bet may be find a wrecked truck
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

thats what i've been looking through, but most of those style part outs they have already sold the motor.

also good deal means a good deal in moderate terms, i still will drop a good chunk of change for a solid running 5.7 with wiring harness.

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

dont have a fuelie, but got a 1971 400sb
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
          dont have a fuelie, but got a 1971 400sb
          most vortec style heads flow better than a fuelie head anyways.

Comment

my buddys selling a ls1 out of his gto, it has 70k on it. wants $2,500 for the motor and $3,500 for the motor and tranny. they are both still in the car at the moment, so you would be able to hear it run before you made a decision.
            2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 4.0L I6, stock for now

Comment

I got a holley projection throttle body fuel injection kit it will bolt in place of a carb and the 02 sensor upgrade. Simple to adjust it just has a rich lean mixture screw. 650CFM And you can throw it on any V8.
              I bought it for my CJ but didn't realize it only works on V8s

I also have a HEI distributor for a chevy motor.

Just check car-parts.com for 350motors I bet there are a ton cheap.

And I have 2 turbo 350 trannys and a 205 transfercase that will bolt up to the T350.

Anyway what are you building?
              Did Clayton change his mind on the turbo400?
              RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
              www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
              Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
                I got a holley projection throttle body fuel injection kit it will bolt in place of a carb and the 02 sensor upgrade. Simple to adjust it just has a rich lean mixture screw. 650CFM And you can throw it on any V8.
                I bought it for my CJ but didn't realize it only works on V8s

I also have a HEI distributor for a chevy motor.

Just check car-parts.com for 350motors I bet there are a ton cheap.

And I have 2 turbo 350 trannys and a 205 transfercase that will bolt up to the T350.

Anyway what are you building?
                Did Clayton change his mind on the turbo400?

as far as i know he's gonna use it, i havent seen any changes. His chassis table is built and motor, 400, and atlas are all mocked up in place. fuckin currie 9 housings, bastard

I'm just trying to get stuff together to start building my chassis. It's kinda hard to get really rolling without a drivetrain for measurements. I'm PM you the rest.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

PM sent.
                  RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                  www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                  Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Working...
                  X