2003 Superior Trailer 16' wood deck 10k weight rating very low use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Superior Trailer 16' wood deck 10k weight rating very low use

This trailer is Sold. Thanks for looking!

I have a 2003 wood deck Superior Trailer (Georgia) for sale. its a great trailer, I just upgraded to an enclosed and I don't need both. It honestly has very little use on it. The trailer has a 16' deck including the dovetail and its 83" between the fenders. The original tires are still 90% or better. It's got 2 5,200lb axles for a 10k weight rating. There are electric brakes on one axle. The wood is in good shape. The battery box I replaced with a nicer one that charges off the vehicle while attached (many breakaway batteries don't have this) and has a light to tell you its connected. I also replaced the tongue jack with a fold down one. The truck box is included with the trailer as is a set of 4 tie downs.

The fold down ramps make it nice to get a rig on the trailer without the ball lifting up on the back of your truck. if you've ever lifted the rear of your tow rig and had it start to slide its not much fun

I'm asking $1900 for the trailer. I can meet someone within a reasonable distance in New England to help with the sale. Or I can most likely bring the trailer to RC during a visit.

Last edited by whypave; 03-29-2010, 06:57 AM.

god i want this..... and im getting back that much for my taxes
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
      god i want this..... and im getting back that much for my taxes
      do it fool
      dirty30

Comment

that works out perfectly since I like getting money from the government

If you are interested in the trailer, shoot me a pm and I'll get you my cell number. I live very near exit 10 of 84 between Waterbury and Danbury.

Comment

you'll make that money back in towing friends vehicles. do eet
          Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Originally posted by whypave View Post
            that works out perfectly since I like getting money from the government

If you are interested in the trailer, shoot me a pm and I'll get you my cell number. I live very near exit 10 of 84 between Waterbury and Danbury.

I will ponder , if you still have it when i get my taxes back in a few weeks l'll let you know
            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
              you'll make that money back in towing friends vehicles. do eet
              this are a good point
              dirty30

Comment

Dana,

Just an observation but this trailer might be a stretch for your 1500. IIRC the 10k trailers are more of a "HD" trailer. Maybe Dave can chime in on this. I am sure it is do-able but with your jeep on there I am pretty sure you would be maxing your truck out towing capacity wise. Then add spare parts and... well you get the picture.

Super good deal though!

EDIT: NVM this statement... this was going after what I remembered... then i talked with my pops about it. you should be dandy... DO IT UP!
                Last edited by SupermanIce-J; 03-11-2010, 12:15 PM.
                2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                • 5.13's
                • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

dave towed this with his suburban, for what its worth. and if i recall his old buggy was mid 3000lbs range
                  - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                  or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                  Originally posted by DizzDizz
                  aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                    dave towed this with his suburban, for what its worth. and if i recall his old buggy was mid 3000lbs range
                    3/4 ton burb or 1/2 ton?

Comment

The dis information is strong in this thread

My Suburban is a 2500 with the 8.1L big block. It tows this trailer like a raped ape. My old buggy was 3800lbs give or take. it would tow the combo just fine with another 1000lbs of crap in the Surburban From my testing it will tow my new enclosed trailer and the new buggy just fine too but that may not stop me from going to a 2011 SD

Back to this trailer, there are certainly lighter car haulers out there such as open decks with 2 metal "runners". those are as light as 12-1300lbs. this trailer is around 2klbs and is built to last a long time.

I towed with a '98 1500 Dodge with the 5.9 before the suburban and at that time had one of those light open deck trailers and a jeep on 39s. it did ok but wouldn't hold the speed I wanted in PA going to RC.

not knowing what anyone is towing with I can't say for sure how you'll like this trailer but if you are seriously interested come by and we'll take it out for a spin. there are certainly plenty of grades near my house on 84

Comment

The trailer is for sale, bump! I notice I didn't post in the original thread that the trailer is 83" between the fenders.

Comment

damn, I would love to have this. Can you just hide if for about 9 months?

bump for a sweet trailer
                          You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

Working...
                          X