1996 Jeep Cherokee 5-spd 3" lift w 31's $1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Jeep Cherokee 5-spd 3" lift w 31's $1200

Before anyone bashes the price/condition/write up of this Jeep I have already posted my Jeep on craig's list and a motorcycle forum I belong to and have received plenty of interest. It was intended for people that know nothing about Jeeps as well as people who know more than though about them. I figured I would let the Jeep enthusiasts have there chance at it before I sell it to anyone from the general public.

So i'm getting into a Rubicon this Saturday and will thereby have no use for my winter beater. So more about the Jeep...1996 Jeep Cherokee, Red, 4.0L inline 6 (best motor Jeep ever built?), and 232,xxx on the clock. So heres whats wrong with it, so nobody b*tches if they have an interest in it. Remember the car is 14 years old and has 232,xxx miles. Seat bracket came loose, it has a hose clamp keeping it together on one side (if you weld you win, I don't weld). Right front fender is bent cause some lady backed into me, not awful, just an eye soar. Along with the front right fender the header panel got bent (I have a used one in my basement, you can own it if you buy my Jeep, i'm too lazy and it's too cold for me to replace it in the winter). I replaced the corner light, the parking lamp, and the grill, it basically looks brand new in the front, you could never tell somebody hit me. The axle housing itself got bent when this lady hit me, I have a used Dana 30 axle with the 3.07 gears sitting in my basement. If you pay me $1,200 for the Jeep you can have the axle, otherwise the steering pulls a bit to the left and it hums for the simple fact that the tread pattern is semi aggressive. Brakes on the Dana 30 are new.

So along with the bad comes the good. I had a new floor pan welded and riveted into the drivers side because being in New England, salt eats your car (I'm sure everyone here can attest to it). I replaced the speakers in the doors and the rear soundbar, so the radio sounds good. The brakes are fairly new, and the last time I changed the rear brakes I replaced the rotors and they have not since been turned, so you'll get at least one more brake change out of them. I replaced the starter because one time it didn't turn over (gave it a tap with a hammer), and I didn't want to get stuck again. I installed reinforced control arm brackets on the front axle because Jeep did a shanty job of it from the factory. It has a Rusty's 3" lift kit that has less than a year on it. When this kit was installed so were brand new leaf springs 180 lb. in the rear, new front and rear shocks, as well as new spring coils in the front. It's sitting on Courser 31's with more than half the tread life remaining. I've got some stock tires in my basement, you can have those too but for now the 31's are mounted on the stock rims. I also have a spare liftgate, header panel, and two headlights. You can have all of it.

I drive this car everyday, the heat works, it runs, and its dependable. I coulda traded it in cash for clunkers, but its done me too much good to give up. It's not perfect but again dependable and would make a good daily driver for someone in New England in the winter. 4WD still works. $1200 with the Dana 30 axle that will replace the bent axle housing in the front or $1000 without it and I'll sell it seperate. Serious inquiries I will respond to with photos.
    06 Wrangler TJ 6 Speed 4" Rough Country Lift on BF Goodrich 33's.

might as well part it out, too many miles
    I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Jeeps run forever...the body will fall apart before the engine dies. The body on this jeep happens to be in excellent condition paint is good...no rocker rot either...(Armand) Netrachamp will attest to that.
      06 Wrangler TJ 6 Speed 4" Rough Country Lift on BF Goodrich 33's.

Comment

I'm in the market for an XJ, but that's a LOT of miles, reguardless of the bulletproof nature of a 4.0l.

I'll keep it in mind man.
        -Matt
        Facebook

Comment

Not a lot of miles.

My first jeep had 280+

Might need a clutch thats about it

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Not a lot of miles.

My first jeep had 280+

Might need a clutch thats about it
            so your jeep had 280, so 230 isnt a lot of miles? that is some seriously flawed logic

i saw an XJ once with 445,000 miles on it, guess one with 350k isnt much
            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
            Originally posted by DizzDizz
            aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...
            X