Rear tire carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear tire carrier

I started building a rear tire carrier bumper and never really finished it. I was making it at work and left that job for another one. Its a triangulated design similar to the Nates 4x4 bumper

Its got a hinge on it similar in design to this one.
    http://www.rockstomper.com/catalog/pieces/hinge.htm

The outer half is welded onto the end, so you'd have to design something where it would slide onto a pin and rest on some bearings. Its 2x2x3/16" steel so i'd say it weights upwards of 75lbs. The plate where the tire rests is diamond plate which is kind of gaudy, but you'd hardly see if. If there is any interest I will dig it out and take some pictures. Its got surface rust but I'm sure you'd prep and paint it.
    2000 XJ
    2000 A.C.E. 750

My interest depends on the price haha.
    98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

interested. . . . . price?
      2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
      1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

50 bucks? Its about 100$ worth of steel and I paid will like 45$ for the hinge.
        2000 XJ
        2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

Very INTERESTED. . . . Do you have any pictures of it? This is basically what I want to do for a rear tirer carrier.
          Last edited by OTTE; 10-22-2009, 11:40 AM.

Comment

I know these are a little shotty but its buried so its kind of a pain in the ass to take out and move.

This ^ is the orientation it would sit on your bumper.

I built it so that the tire sits a little bit higher up and would be at the same orientation as the rear glass. Like this.

Last edited by Adam; 10-22-2009, 06:25 PM.
            2000 XJ
            2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

PMed

Comment

Working...
              X