Jeep XJ AX15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep XJ AX15

Internal slave AX15 for sale. Slave/master cylinder still attached.

You get;

-AX15 (as you see it in the picture. No, you don't get the T-case bolted to it, or the one on top of it.)
    -Pedal Assembly
    -The clutch from the jeep i pulled it from. (Looks pretty decent.)

$400

Located in New Milford, CT. Local pickups only. Cash or paypal accepted.

Sorry for the shitty pictures. I have way too much jeep shit and i'm in the process of selling/organizing it all.

Last edited by Hudson; 01-04-2015, 10:44 PM.
    Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Work with a 98?
    OER The bad judgment Olympics.

Lowlife 35x12.5s on 3 inches of lift.
    General Tires are

Comment

Originally posted by Luke95 View Post
      Work with a 98?
      I don't see why it wouldn't.
      Hudson

Comment

Sweet give me some time to research if the pedals will work for me but I'm interested

General Tires are

Comment

lol research if the pedals will work? The internal slave ax15's were used until 1994, and then they changed stuff. Youll need to get a different t case, that ax15 has a 21 spline output and the tcase on your 98 is 23 spline input. Assuming its an auto since you asked about pedals, you will need to rig up the slave master cylinder, which i doubt is cut into the firewall on an auto. You will need a different pilot bearing, the one on yours is bigger then the one required by that particular ax15 (im guessing there). You will need a crossmember for a manual, even aftermarket ones have like a 1 inch drop in the manual versions. What else, oh, idk what problems it will give you with your computer and stuff.

but yeah, Its doable. Im putting a 96 ax15 in my 88, basically you need to change the same things i am but in the opposite way. make your newer shit older where im making my older shit newer.

Comment

Originally posted by cherokee-at-16 View Post
            Its doable. Im putting a 96 ax15 in my 88, basically you need to change the same things i am but in the opposite way. make your newer shit older where im making my older shit newer.
            ... You guys should probably meet up at some point to do a little trading I think...
            "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
            It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Originally posted by cherokee-at-16 View Post
              lol research if the pedals will work? The internal slave ax15's were used until 1994, and then they changed stuff. Youll need to get a different t case, that ax15 has a 21 spline output and the tcase on your 98 is 23 spline input. Assuming its an auto since you asked about pedals, you will need to rig up the slave master cylinder, which i doubt is cut into the firewall on an auto. You will need a different pilot bearing, the one on yours is bigger then the one required by that particular ax15 (im guessing there). You will need a crossmember for a manual, even aftermarket ones have like a 1 inch drop in the manual versions. What else, oh, idk what problems it will give you with your computer and stuff.

but yeah, Its doable. Im putting a 96 ax15 in my 88, basically you need to change the same things i am but in the opposite way. make your newer shit older where im making my older shit newer.
              That AX-15 should have a 23 spline output, as far as I know all AX-15 are 23 spline.
              I have two internal slave older AX-15 for my buggy both 23 spline.

In your picture it is definitely an AX-15 the AX-15 have an aluminum center plate the AX-5 is steel.

AX-5 have 21 spline outputs.

They have different Pilots I actually need the older smaller one. But the bearings are easy to swap and probably will come with your new clutch kit.
              So no biggy there.

People just don't like the internal slaves because when they leak often do you need to pull the transmission out.
              Always a good Idea to install a new slave when you install a new clutch, they don't last much longer than the life of one clutch.

I always keep my out for a deal on an older AX-15 with the small pilot internal slave but lately they are hard to find.

The only electrical thing on the trans is the reverse light switch I'm sure you can handle 2 wires.
              and all the Crank sensors are in the same spot.

Good info here
              http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/ax15.htm

Good luck with the swap.
              Last edited by customcreationsllc; 01-05-2015, 11:45 AM.
              RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
              www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
              Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed View Post
                ... You guys should probably meet up at some point to do a little trading I think...
                I prefer the external slave on mine, even if it isn't really any better.

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
                That AX-15 should have a 23 spline output, as far as I know all AX-15 are 23 spline.
                I have two internal slave older AX-15 for my buggy both 23 spline.
                My mistake there, you're totally right. My mind switched the transmission and tcase years.

Heres the naxja thread containing more info then you will need. Basically just read the posts by the guy named 5-90.
                http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=70388

Comment

I have four 5 speed cherokees in my tennis court. All AX15s. Internal and external.

I'm sure between all of them I can find you a clutch pedal that'll work.
                  Hudson

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson View Post
                    I have four 5 speed cherokees in my tennis court. All AX15s. Internal and external.

I'm sure between all of them I can find you a clutch pedal that'll work.

Sounds good to me

General Tires are

Comment

But where do you play tennis?
                      "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                      It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

I don't see why it wouldn't.
                        Who cares, if he actually get money for you then just sell it to him.

Comment

Just give me monies and you can take whatever you want.
                          Hudson

Comment

Just give me monies and you can take whatever you want.

I ended up going to another aw4 I will probably go to an ax15 at a bit later of a date, but now I need to work on getting my tons done.

General Tires are

Comment

Originally posted by Luke95 View Post
                              I ended up going to another aw4 I will probably go to an ax15 at a bit later of a date, but now I need to work on getting my tons done.
                              pussy shit.
                              Hudson

Comment

Working...
                              X