98 Part Out (CT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 Part Out (CT)

Pains me to have to do this, but things haven't turned out how I thought they would. My beloved XJ needs to be parted out because this happened...

I've owned & done all the work on the Jeep for the past 10 years. Other than a few things, it was in perfect running condition, & until the accident, it was my daily driver. I loved my Heep & the community of enthusiasts, so it's hard for me to put a price on things I worked hard on, & for so long. I'll list prices where I think is fair, but let me know if I'm way off.

So, onto the specs...

1998 Stock I6 4.0 - ~140K. Valvoline High Mileage used from 100K, didn't burn any. Coolant changed about every year. Never overheated. No serious repairs ever needed. Plenty of other routine work done = $600

AW4 - ~140K. Recently started a Valvoline ATF drain/refill process, only did twice, fluid was still "dirty". No problems, shifted fine = $200

NP231 - ~140K. Recently changed fluid. No problems shifting into/out of 2wd/4wd/4LO. Unknown SYE installed. Bought in '04 with Tom Wood's Shaft, don't remember if they were selling AA then, but has a SYE. = $200

Axles (2 sets) - D30/8.25 3.55 non-ABS. Nothing special here, D30 could use new bearings & ball joints, brakes are good. 8.25 has a Trac-Lok, leaky pinion seal (have new seal), & modified shock mounts = $100 each; $200 for both

The other D30/8.25 are non-ABS & need work. Had plans to build them up. D30 has knuckles & shafts. No brakes, no steering, bad hubs, & not sure how good ball joints are. 8.25 is open diff, not sure if 27 or 29 spline, but when I bought them, I was told they were from a 98. Needs brakes = $80 each; $150 for both

Aftermarket

- Iron Rock HD Tie-rod, good TRE's $50

- 4.5" Rusty's coils (circa 2004, have held up great) $100

- RE Super-flex Lowers (circa 2004, brushings are good, just replaced flex joint races Aug. '13) $100

- RE Drop Brackets (no braces, completely new hardware Aug. '13) $100

- Mix RE 3.5"/OEM Leaf springs (all leafs cleaned & heavily coated with EZ-Slide graphite paint AND lined with spring liner, & new bushings AUG. '13) $200

- Rusty's greasable lift shackles (I think they measure 6" eye to eye, new Ironman4x4 graphite impregnated bushings Aug. '13) $50

- Bilstein 5100 Shocks (fronts, less than 10K miles. rears, are "supposed" to be for a ZJ, but I didnt feel like messing up the bushing trying to press out the sleeve. Installed Aug. '13 less than 3k miles) $300

- 31x10.5x15 Hankook Mud terrains, decent tread, passenger side rear rim got mangled in the accident, don't know if the tire is trashed $200

^^Pictures are from Aug. '13, when I finished the suspension overhaul

Misc. (make offers)
    - Just replaced heater core & a/c evaporator Jan. '13
    - Driveshafts are good, just rebuilt front shaft Sept. '13
    - Class 3 Draw-Tite Hitch
    - OEM ZJ Gas tank skid
    - Driver front/rear doors are good, passenger front I think is still good
    - Ask for anything else of interest

I thought I was going to be reimbursed/compensated, didn't happen & I needed to buy a cheap beater for commute; thought I'd be able to hold on to things for my next XJ, not looking like anytime soon, & I have nowhere to store parts. It's been sitting for 6 months, I haven't had the heart to disassemble it, but my options are limited.

I do not have the jeep disassembled, but hoping to get it towed to my Dad's in the next few days. I need parts to move quick, & in order to proceed with dismantling, I'm trying to gain interest.

Everything is located in Meriden, CT & I'd prefer to sell locally, but willing to consider some travel.
    Last edited by XJ^remy; 06-11-2014, 10:43 AM.

Tierod + ZJ skid......package deal? $80
    if cool....pm me
    -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
    https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
    I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
    -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

WTF happened to it? JDAM?
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
        1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
          WTF happened to it? JDAM?
          Ha! Not quite. Some rectal-sucking, microphallic, worthless, reject ran a red light, not sure how fast he was going, but hit the front passenger side, spun me nearly 180* & the rear passenger smashed into a utility pole. Ironically enough, he was driving a ZJ. Luckily, I was the only one in the car & I walked away from it with only a sore back & shoulder.

He denied blowing the light, saying he DID stop (when I just about lost it & kicked his face in), but the cop told him it was impossible to have caused that much damage in a matter of 15-20 feet. I could have sworn he was high/intoxicated, but cops let him go with an $130 infraction & a PTA, for then me to find out the next day that he doesn't have insurance. Had a valid card, but was cancelled for non-payment, which I found out from the DMV because his registration was "in the process of being cancelled" for not having insurance. Cherry on top of this shit-sandwich, I foolishly didn't have collision coverage.

SO, moral is.... always have full coverage, AND cops should have a better system for verifying insurance/registration information.

Comment

Is the header panel good??? Lol
            Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

I can see exactly what i want in the second picture. How much for the coolant recovery bottle? and maybe the heater supply and return hoses and the valve they connect to. By chance has the electric fan survived?

Comment

huge bummer on the story man! Hopefully you get back in the game with another

how much for everything in the A/C system except the compressor?
                - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Just wanted to show when these parts were purchased. They were installed around Dec. '12.

Originally posted by cherokee-at-16 View Post
                  I can see exactly what i want in the second picture. How much for the coolant recovery bottle? and maybe the heater supply and return hoses and the valve they connect to. By chance has the electric fan survived?
                  No valve in the 97+. Heater hoses connect directly to heater core. I'm not sure about the E-fan, I'll have to check. $20 for the hoses & coolant res.

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                  huge bummer on the story man! Hopefully you get back in the game with another

how much for everything in the A/C system except the compressor?
                  Thanks. I'll be back....

Obviously the condenser took a hit, I don't if it's good. You want the evaporator? Or entire HVAC box? I did not connect the refrigerant hose & drier/accumulator, as I could not get the old hose of the condenser, so those are new. I put a couple ounces of PAG oil in the evap & capped it off, & it's been like that since Dec. '12

Comment

actually lemme revisit my needs, haha. I took the lines out years ago and never replaced them, i need to see what i am missing. stay tuned.
                    - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by XJ^remy View Post
                      Ha! Not quite. Some rectal-sucking, microphallic, worthless, reject ran a red light, not sure how fast he was going, but hit the front passenger side, spun me nearly 180* & the rear passenger smashed into a utility pole. Ironically enough, he was driving a ZJ. Luckily, I was the only one in the car & I walked away from it with only a sore back & shoulder.

He denied blowing the light, saying he DID stop (when I just about lost it & kicked his face in), but the cop told him it was impossible to have caused that much damage in a matter of 15-20 feet. I could have sworn he was high/intoxicated, but cops let him go with an $130 infraction & a PTA, for then me to find out the next day that he doesn't have insurance. Had a valid card, but was cancelled for non-payment, which I found out from the DMV because his registration was "in the process of being cancelled" for not having insurance. Cherry on top of this shit-sandwich, I foolishly didn't have collision coverage.

SO, moral is.... always have full coverage, AND cops should have a better system for verifying insurance/registration information.
                      Go to the hospital, get your back checked. You have a huge lawsuit if you decide it's worth it to go after the scumbag.
                      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by cherokee-at-16 View Post
                        Not to thread jack....but unless Dizzy needs it I have that stuff you're looking for. Efan, bottle, and heater valve...all work.....also hoses. Once again unless Dizzy wants/needs them...my 96 is on its way out of my possession in the next few weeks ...
                        -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                        -Ian

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjlaredo View Post
                          Not to thread jack....but unless Dizzy needs it I have that stuff you're looking for. Efan, bottle, and heater valve...all work.....also hoses. Once again unless Dizzy wants/needs them...my 96 is on its way out of my possession in the next few weeks ...
                          You need the coolant bottle, I told ya that haha
                          I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                            You need the coolant bottle, I told ya that haha
                            oh....thought you meant cause for some reason like 9 people are looking for one right now lol...alright coolant bottle is off the list... my bad, still have everything else
                            -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                            -Ian

Comment

Rear end still available?
                              -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                              -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                              -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                              -57 GMC Pickup
                              -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Working...
                              X