98 XJ DD or starting point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 XJ DD or starting point

came into a green 98 XJ sport, auto, cloth interior 149k on the clock that blew out a brake line and rear ended some type of SUV with a rear tire carrier. damaged the hood and pushed the radiator support back long with busting up the fiberglass grill.

i'm in the process of going over everything and fixing it to sell as a DD or good start for a wheeling rig.
    no floor rot, rear rockers are going but only under the rear doors, paint is ok, suspension points look good, rear leaf mounts are solid.
    i'm looking to get like 1500 for it but will sell it to an SIS member for 1200 but can't say 100% sure as i haven't bought all the new parts.

i'll post up some pics soon but wanted to get word of this out there.

doubt it but figured i'd give the locals a heads up

nothing all that bad under the hood

Comment

does it run?

Comment

Originally posted by cherokee-at-16 View Post
        does it run?
        2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
        1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

runs perfect and nothing got pushed far enough to hit the motor, fan nicked the rad and grill put a hole in the condenser along with scraping up the power steering pulley but that will be replaced.

i haven't had this running for more than a min or two needed to load and unload from the car trailer as there wasn't really any coolant in it. i just got done stripping off the bad parts now, the hardest part of this is going to be the brake line as it's the front passenger. i'll probably just do them all while i'm there.

Comment

if you have a parts XJ that has a full front end you could have this jeep running and ready for the road in 2 hours then what ever it takes for that brake line.

also 203 592-387two is my number so if anyone wants to check it out or talk about buying text me.

i'd sell it as is for $700 and have a guy who deliver it for probably $100 depending on where you are, the jeep is near watertown CT.
            Last edited by sardo_67; 09-25-2013, 11:46 PM.

Comment

fuck, i should get this. 700 is almost too cheap for me

Comment

$700 and $500 delivery fee?

turns out it's the front driver line that blew, i'll have it fixed by saturday afternoon hahah.
                looks like i'll be using a green hood with some damage to it from a local yard for $10, i'll just stand on it to make it.... straight, kinda.

and another $150 or so for the front end shit and about 4hrs cleaning the inside as idk if this lady ever cleaned it in the past 5 years. nothing too gross like smoke or cats but just dirt and what not.

driver window reg is broken, i tried to open the window but just heard the motor running and a few clicks.

also on the new parts, had some engine work done, new wires, complete exhaust, some other things too but i'll get a full list from the last owner. he was tired of putting his time and money into the sister-in-laws jeep when she has no idea how to take care of it or job. no idea on the story but this accident gave him an excuse to get away from it hahah.
                Last edited by sardo_67; 09-27-2013, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Brake lines replaced.

$800 if anyone wants.

Comment

just texted you, I had a cragslister back out on me on my way to his house, this would be a cleaner trail rig anyways. Tow rigs hooked up cash in hand just let me know.

Comment

Don't see an ABS unit, assuming 8.25?
                      97 XJ.

Comment

Yes. 8.25.

Jeep creep I got the 3 link from you last month?
                        I only got a text from him.

Oh I also have a slightly damaged grill and headlight holder thing that's the light blue for this as well All it needs is the rad and AC part, hell the AC is an option so that parts up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                          Don't see an ABS unit, assuming 8.25?
                          I was just going to send you this link. Beat me to it!
                          Dan.
                          2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                          www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Nope that was the other jeep creep guess there's 2 of us haha. So what's the deal does someone have Dibbs? If not Dibbs
                            Sent another text by the way.

Comment

No dibs here, just curious. Not exactly what I'm looking for.
                              97 XJ.

Comment

Working...
                              X