2002 Jeep Wrangler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Jeep Wrangler

I am finally going to come back to america in the somewhat near future and need to unload this thing.

Most of you know the jeeps history. Its the one on the front of the SIS Website to the far left in this picture...

HAI BRAHHHH

This is the deal, I will sell it to a SIS member as is - just make an offer that isn't completely retarded and I will say yes or no.

The jeep does need some work to be road worthy, but with most of the knowledge of this board its really minor things that just add up. It would be a good project jeep or for someone wanting to compete, a good starting platform.

Blue Book in "Good" condition is almost $13,000 - I am not looking to get this price or close to it for how it sits. If you are interested you can post or PM me an offer and I will give more details for the ones that don't know the condition of the jeep.

If its a project that you don't want, but are interested. Once I get home everything will be replaced and re-done, but with that the price will rise.

Oh, and hi SIS. Long time, keep on keeping REAL
    You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

possibly interested . . . i'm pretty sure its outta my price range but i have no idea what work it actually needs
    2 tj's
    3 yj's
    2 xj's
    i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Originally posted by Arundlemcbrundle View Post
      possibly interested . . . i'm pretty sure its outta my price range but i have no idea what work it actually needs
      This is what is wrong with the Jeep:
      D30 spider gears are blown (happened on 81 leaving RC, fluid all leaked out during the day at RC) Will has a youtube video of this blasphemy online I believe.

The Suspension is probably the biggest issue:
      I acquired a 4.5" RE Super Flex kit that was very used and put it on the jeep.
      The joints all had a lot of play in them and still do.
      Dana(GrundleJeep) and I swapped springs cuz I wanted to be lower. So now everything is from the RE SF kit except the coils are 4WD Hardware 3" coils I believe with 1/2 inch spacers.

Its possible that all the joints could just be replaced and it would be good to go, I was personally just going to put a new lift on it.

Also both back shocks are not on because the bolts that go into the frame have all been snapped off. Notching the frame would fix this allowing for longer shocks, or tapping the original bolts out (pain in the ass) Regardless it needs all new shocks.

When we installed the SYE we put the Speedo gear in wrong so the MPH and odometer doesn't work, just needs to be corrected.

The transmission was replaced, the new transmission is good, but I suspect a leak possible from when we installed it, this would need to be looked at.

The exhaust needs replaced from the cat back, got ripped off. Right now a cherry bomb muffler is attached with no tail pipe.

The passenger side fender is a little bashed in on the front where the turn signal is because I hit a tree on a trail. Looks like most wranglers do on the fender from being on the trail.

The Soft top needs replaced, I have ran without the back windows for sometime.

The rear carpet was pulled almost immediately along with the back seat for my dog. The front carpet is in somewhat bad condition, but could possible be cleaned. I was going to pull it all and rhino line it.

The rear Dana35 is still kicking after several attempts to kill it.

For the most part it just needs a lot of TLC and could be a great DD again, I just don't have the time for it right now in my life. I figured instead of fixing it right away, I would see if some of the people on here that have good mechanical skills would be interested so they could get a decent deal on a wrangler.

Random stuff

The Dana 30 has a SOLID Diff cover on it, Old Man Emu Steering Stab. 6 1/2 inch Sony Xplode speakers in the speaker bar. 33" Micky Thompson MTZs on Rubicon Moab Wheels.

I also have a Currie Anti Rock for it as well.
      Last edited by Saharicon; 03-08-2011, 01:32 AM.

Comment

I have an inquiry that would like to be answered in relation to this post...

On the RE Super Flex Control Arms, would it be possible to take out the Super Flex joints and just replace them with regular bushings??

Comment

Looking to sell the Antirock separately?
          Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Saharicon View Post

On the RE Super Flex Control Arms, would it be possible to take out the Super Flex joints and just replace them with regular bushings??
            I don't know, but as you may or may not know, for all intensive purposes RE is donezo at this time.
            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
            1999 sierra
            1967 M725 Big and Slow
            -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Saharicon View Post

never looked at RE arms in deatail but if its like a johny joint, no. The joint has threads that a cap tightens to compress the races on the joint.

you most likely need to cut off the metal end rings that house the flex joints and weld on normal ones that accept bushings.

why not just rebuild the joints by replacing the races ????

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/builde...px?folder=BPSX
              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                I don't know, but as you may or may not know, for all intensive purposes RE is donezo at this time.
                Damn really? I did see something about that, wasnt sure if it was true. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
                  Looking to sell the Antirock separately?
                  At this time no, but I will let you know if I do.

Comment

Working...
                  X