Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hah! Never ordering from Rusty's ever again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hah! Never ordering from Rusty's ever again.

What a joke of a company, just got off the phone with their "customer service".

Issue 1:
    I ordered a set of Motive 4.56 gears and install kits, a few weeks later I get a box, Gears are there but the install kit is for a low pinion, I dont have a chance to call them and say anything before about 3 days later another box comes with a set of the same gears but the correct install kit this time. Funny thing is I ONLY ORDERED ONE SET! But then I notice today, halfway through the install that one of the sets of D30 gears they sent me was 4.10, lucky I happened to check the stamp on them before I was done installing them, I still have to set up the pinion gear all over again.

I mean what the fuck Rusty's, do you just throw random shit in a box and hope it's right.

Issue 2:

I ordered some LCA's from them at the same time, installed them 2 weeks ago, 2 bushings are bad already. At least the one's I got from Rough Country lasted a couple month's. They are going to send me replacements however, I will credit them that, Rough Country said they wouldn't warranty mine when they went bad.

Im not sure if im just going to go out and buy some new bushings on my own though if the ones they use are really that poor quality.

Issue 3:

2.5 monthes later and I still dont have the 8.25 alloys I ordered, they said they will try and ship them out to me as soon as possible.

I mean they did fix most of the order, but come on, I order 3 simple things and 3 things were screwed up. I've never had a bad experience with an offroad parts company before and then I experience this quagmire of an order.
    Last edited by iant333; 07-29-2010, 12:25 PM.
    01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

don't say the internets didn't tell ya so lol
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

hahahahaha ^
        97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

Rusty's builds worthless shit and you will soon find this out as iI did..

Comment

When ever i get my dad pissed during a project on the jeep, he threatens to buy all my shit from rusty's
            God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

I guess I'm the only one who has had great luck with Rusty's

My LCA bushings lasted a year on Alex's Jeep and a year on mine, no issues. Forget who bought them from the part out.

I ordered a lift and got it 3 days later, with everything included.

I ordered an exhaust for my TJ, they sent me one for an XJ. Called them up and within 2 days had a TJ exhaust and a free t-shirt.

I even visited the Rusty's shop...... and didn't die

The only bad thing with them was the leaf bushings, which the other guy had to deal with
              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Working...
              X