*Official Outdoor Stories/Pics Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official Outdoor Stories/Pics Thread*

I figured I would make a more appropriate thread, after our little discussion in "hey fisherman".

Post up your outdoor stories/pics, whether it be fishing/hunting/etc. Whether it happened 7 years ago, or an hour ago, lets hear it.

I'll start it up by telling you about my Tuesday (2 days ago). Had what I would call a shitty day after fishing for around 3 hours around sunset. Not too pleased, but at least I caught something.

Fast forward to around an hour ago. After getting into fishing fairly seriously this year, I finally caught something worth sharing down at this decent sized pond I fish locally. Weighed roughly around 5lbs using a shitty handheld scale, it's by far my best bass so far. For some reason I got the urge to go fishing at 3:30AM, and damn did it pay off.

Caught him using a Rapala Skitterpop.

I snagged him pretty good in 2-3 spots, and couldn't get it out with my hands. I didn't have a pair of pliers or a knife handy, and I wasn't going to let the fucker take one of my favorite lures. Long story short, I've got a 5lb bass in the pond outside my living room right now. Hopefully he'll live until I can bring him back, and maybe I'll weigh him more accurately once I do.

gotta love top water at night, my favorite kind of fishing. I caught my 5.5 pounder at about 11:30 PM on a black jitterbug. We were killing smallies and largemouth all weekend on senkos during the day and top water at night. This lake rarely had anyone fish it. It was the best bass fishing I have ever done.
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

took my pops fishing last night and put him on this

and i took i few cast this morning before work and got this......not great but still fun

feel free to see the rest of my year so far

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id...93480b8a359145
      I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

so nobody here does outdoor stuff i guess?....this thread is going places.
        I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Quine View Post
          so nobody here does outdoor stuff i guess?....this thread is going places.
          We do outdoor stuff. What do you think wheeling is?

To be honest, I've tried hunting and you know what, it was the longest two days of my life. I received absolutely no satisfaction walking and sitting around for two days with a gun in my hand and never shooting it. I waited hours and hours on end to amass absolutely nothing. It isn't even fun anymore when you can only go to a specific place and if the deer have moved on, then you're fucked.

I'm not even kidding you when I tell you that me and my buddy sat in a fucking field and a forest for 24 hours total and saw nothing more than a few chipmunks and some squirrels and some pheasants. Tuesday night, when we were packing up his pickup truck to go home, what do we see? Two doe on the side of the road, across the street from the place we just hunted, eating grass in plain view. We couldn't shoot them though, because that would be illegal. So you know what, fuck it. I'll go again eventually, but until then, I'll stick to shooting reactionary and paper targets with 30 round mag AR15s and 1911 pistols and actually do some shooting.

I'd like to do more of that too, but every firing range in CT gets the 'Officially sucks balls' stamp of disapproval.

I used to go down to a local pond and fish for sunnies when I was ten, then my father and I tried fishing on the sound. Boat maintenance got to be too much and we haven't touched the boat in almost three years now.

That's my story, I guess. Connecticut blows but I guess it forces me to savor those moments when I get a good day at a good shooting range.

On the flip side of the hunting excursion though, I did end up finding a perfectly preserved coyote skull and took it home. I gave it to my sister and god only knows where it is now...
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Since Im not at work anymore i can post in this thread

Ever since I was a little tot I have been interested the outdoors. I have fished since i was a wee little guy and always loved that. I started hunting id say 4 years ago when I finally had someone to go with. I went bird hunting a couple times with my brother-in-law and loved it. Still waitin to get my own shotgun tho I bought a bow 2 years ago and have been extremely into it since than. I spend a lot of time in the woods scouting or shooting in the backyard. Last year I got my first deer with my bow. Just a little guy, but he tasted so damn good here he is.

I dont ahve any other pics of fish and stuff but you get the idea.
            Some day I want to either live on a ranch in the south or midwest. I love colorado and montana. Thats my dream. and whats wrong with wheeling right in your backyard!

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Went fishing today with a buddy in a few different places. In total caught about 7 or 8 bass and a pickeral. Nothing more than a foot, but it was a lot of fun. Also sat in the stand for a few hours scouting deer tonight when I got back from fishing. Andrew and I have pics through the binoculars of some of the deer.

Edit: Just heading out to the deck for dinner and there are four bucks in the backyard. two very wide 6 points with one having it's 7 and 8 points coming in and was wide as hell, and two decent sized 4 points. Gonna be a nice fall

oh and a fish from today
              Last edited by Pedro; 07-29-2010, 07:28 PM.
              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Termadeer god damn thing would not die was still alive after a 3 hour ride to brookfield and had been shot twice with .308
                1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                  nice fish, bro montana

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

my cuz and i like 3 years ago hunting trip in west Virginia....

#becauseJoeNitro

Comment

Hell yeah, Joe, killin shit with MARLINS.
                      sigpic
                      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

joe, your cousin looks about 12 and there is a beer on his knee.
                        winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Quine View Post
                          Old Man Quine... The most BAD ASS Mother Fucker I know...

"Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                          It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed View Post
                            Old Man Quine... The most BAD ASS Mother Fucker I know...

he actually caught that with his bare hands...

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Really? I figured he probably just stared it down till it swam to him.
                              "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                              It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Working...
                              X