Ha Ha Ha, the NEW 2011 Ford Exploder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha Ha Ha, the NEW 2011 Ford Exploder

Hmm, 3.5 V6 NO V8, Or a 2.0 I4, FWD standard or 4x4.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/suvs/explorer/2011/

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car...hotos_and_info

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...n-new-Explorer
    Last edited by Kyle; 07-26-2010, 11:58 AM.
    Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

is it just me or are cars looking more and more the same as the new ones come out? That kinda looks like the fusion. Why are they even still making exploders?
    1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
    1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
    2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

Yeah but it's smaller than it used to be also. And to be honest about 98% of people who have 4wd vehicles would be just fine with 2wd. Plus the new 6 puts out about the same amount of horsepower as the old 5.0 V8.

I've always liked Ford's especially since the new 2011 Mustang is quite possibly one of the best looking cars being made today, but im not really a fan of many new cars coming out lately.
      Last edited by iant333; 07-26-2010, 12:07 PM.
      01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by bangarang View Post
        is it just me or are cars looking more and more the same as the new ones come out? That kinda looks like the fusion. Why are they even still making exploders?
        I noticed that, today I went to look at the 2011 Grand Cherokee since I already had to stop by the Jeep dealer, I dont see what all the damn fuss is about, it looks and feels like some bland European suv. The interior isnt even that nice, I like my parents A6 inside about 1000 times more.

Might be nice for taking your kids to soccer practice if you really dont want to stand out at all.
        Last edited by iant333; 07-26-2010, 12:07 PM.
        01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

Most of the cars and SUVs on the road today seem to all look the same.

The thing i noticed is that the new 3.6 V6 in this Explorer is not even 300hp. Most V6s coming off the line in new cars and trucks and suvs are over 300hp.
          Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

That thing is fucking hideous. OMG
            Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

lame sauce.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

I actually kind of like it. And around 300 horse seems to be about the norm now. My mom just got a new Chevy Traverse with a 3.6l V6 with 280 HP and it moves just fine. Not everyone wants or needs a V8, especially when a V6 has the same power and much better fuel economy. Also everything is becoming AWD now rather then 4wd. It takes out the middle man by just having it in 4wd all of the time. 98% of the people buying an Explorer or a Jeep GC are using it to pick kids up from soccer practice anyway.
                P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

truth about most people not needing 4wd

i have driven my 2wd manche with bald tires all winter delivering pizzas. not once did i get stuck. as much as 6" of snow up hills with a layer of ice underneath. if you have trouble getting your fwd car through it stay home. where the fock do you need to be so bad? most jobs and schools let ya out early and soccer practice and doctor appointments will be cancelled when the snow is bad enough to make driving difficult.

if you don't suck at driving you will be fine.

and that ladies and gentlemen, is what grinds my gears. back to you tom..
                  www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                    i have driven my 2wd manche with bald tires all winter delivering pizzas.

if you don't suck at driving you will be fine.
                    That there is the difference though. There are a lot of people that do suck at driving.

Sometimes I wish you needed a specific license (similar to a CDL) to operate a 4x4 vehicle. Lets call it 4DL.

As soon as Mr./Mrs. Retard hops into his or her big 4x4, he or she believes their their vehicle is magically outfitted with metal studded snowmobile tracks instead of rubber tires. Any moron can make their vehicle move in slippery conditions, it takes someone with actual driving sense to operate it safely.

I don't expect everyone on the road to be Petter Solberg, but at least recognize you shouldn't be driving and stay inside.

Comment

everyone according to everyone is a bad driver, and the person discussing is always most aware and qualified

discussion is moot

everyone should drive a horse
                      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                      Originally posted by DizzDizz
                      aliens probed my husband

Comment

I was taught how to drive deep in the caves of Azerbaijan by Syrian Monks who never make mistakes on the road and are always aware of their surroundings and capability of their vehicle. I was taught to drive through the most lifeless deserts on Earth and up the highest mountains covered in the most unforgiving terrain. The course was twenty years long. There is no name for this training, you receive no title when you complete the training, you simply Exist with the knowledge to overcome the most dire obstacles that may lay in your path. Only 10 other people have taken this course and you don't know fucking donkey balls from a hole in your head about driving until you've completed it.
                        sigpic
                        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                          everyone according to everyone is a bad driver, and the person discussing is always most aware and qualified

discussion is moot
                          What are you trying to say? Calling me unqualified?!
                          Last edited by bangarang; 07-26-2010, 03:25 PM.
                          1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
                          1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
                          2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                            everyone should drive a horse
                            Would there still be an import tuner horse scene?

How would you use forced induction? Jam an oxygen bottle up their nose?

Can we wheel said horses?

This brings up so many questions....

Comment

Originally posted by bangarang View Post
                              What are you trying to say? Calling me unqualified?!
                              In fact

YOU'RE FIRED.
                              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                              Originally posted by DizzDizz
                              aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...
                              X