IDPA anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDPA anyone?

Has anyone done the IDPA shooting comps.
    Look interesting just wondering if they are as good as they sound or just something stupid like the high rock cowboy shoot.

I'd be interesting in try can't say I would be any good. I don't shoot often enough.

http://www.bridgeportshootingrange.com/IDPA.php
    http://www.idpa.com/default.asp
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

I have a hard enough time going shooting as it is and the few times I've tried to go to High Rock there have been people dressed up like cowboys shooting. Needless to say it was a complete waste of time as I drove all the way up there and couldn't shoot. Cowboy action shooting would be fun if you didn't have to dress up to fucking play.

I've been trying to get into a carbine class and they are all either out of state or on some obscure day (saturday) and I can't go. The sad truth is I spend all this money on guns and ammo and never go shooting.

I'd one day like to try IDPA. One day.
    Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 07-23-2010, 09:27 AM.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

my friend Jeremy you've met him before, just got his permit and all excited about guns getting me back into it.
      I haven't shot in like a year. I really want to find someone with land to shoot on that way I don't have to shoot paper, after a clip I don't know where I'm hitting anymore.

I need a real back yard.

I hear you on that cowboy thing same thing happened to me I finally got a nice group to go shoot and it was the cowboy day ridiculous and boring we watched for 10 min.

Only good this is that I'm 2 min from High Rock I just forget that it's there but next time your up give me a shout.

I might go this weekend if I can get my jeep work finished.

I started reading the www.ctguntalk.com forum I didn't know open carry was legal in Connecticut and if the sign says no firearms like at the mall it is actually a law to obey the sign not just a rule.
      RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
      www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
      Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Yeah, I need a real backyard too. I also want a 200 acre sand lot that I cna shoot anything I want whenever I want, but they are just dreams for now.

I don't mind shooting at paper. I only mind it when I am forced to sit down in one position and do that all day. That's fine and dandy for sighting something it, but I want to be moving, there needs to be a purpose for the shooting. Even at High Rock, when I went shooting there successfully one I was thrilled to shoot offhand, only to have some asshole litter my target with bullet holes because the whole range gets narrower the further it goes down.

Oh well. I'll never be happy living in CT and I just need to deal with it for now.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

backyard ? huge sand pits ? dont know anyone with those
          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Working...
          X