knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knives

Possibly looking at getting a new knife. Just wondering what you all carry around/have good experience with. Right now I've got a Kershaw Whirlwind 1560ST, and it's a solid knife. I'm just not a fan of the polyimide handle. I love the Speedsafe spring assist, and I've heard great things about Kershaws customer service which is why I was thinking of staying with them. I'm open to other ideas though.

I want to keep the assisted opening, and serrated blade, so I was looking at this-

http://www.kershawknives.com/product...&brand=kershaw

or this

http://www.kershawknives.com/product...&brand=kershaw

Any reputable company puts out good knives for almost any need.

Keep it sharp and you'll never have a problem.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I have had good luck with Gerber and Kershaw. My Kershaw Ken Onion (Pic below) I have had for 2 years and havnt sharpened it. It is a sweet everyday knife and cost 30 bucks at wal mart. My Gerber fixed blades are sweet and havnt sharpened them yet either, it is a Gerber Metolious with Gut Hook and the other is a Gerber Gatorback or something. both great and under 50 bucks.

P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

sog kilowatt it comes in really handy

Three separate systems address wire from fine multi strand all the way up to cable. There is a stripper bar for wire sizes of 12-24, an adjustable spring-loaded UTP/wire stripper in the back, and just in case, our patent pending hole stripper that uses the main blade
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

I heard a story from someone on Pirate, that they broke the clip off their Kershaw and lost the knife itself.

Sent said broken off clip to Kershaw, and they sent him a brand new knife.

Just thought that was worth mentioning. for Kershaw customer service.

Comment

I keep that on the keychain, suitable for pretty much every random task during the day

Comment

Even,

Go with the second one you posted. I have that knife and absolutely love it.
              I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                Even,

Go with the second one you posted. I have that knife and absolutely love it.
                I think I'm pretty much sold on it. The Trac-Tec grip is nice, and the other is just too short at 3".

That's what she said.

Comment

cant go wrong with kershaw i also like Browning and Gerber

http://www.sonomacutlery.com/store/home.php?cat=332
                  #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

i have the kershaw blur (along with many many other knifes)

but this is what i carry every day. Its all metal, spring assist, strong, made in AUMURICA, and its still slim so it fits in my 5th pocket. my fav. knife to carry hands down.

i also keep one of these guys around too
                    crkt - http://www.eliteles.com/crkt-m1613sf-p-75.html

if you couldnt tell im a fan of the tanto tip partially serrated blade
                    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

http://www.benchmade.com/

expensive but worth it I've carried the same one for like 10 years now.

This is the one I have.
                      It is a 3" blade so legal in RI. If I remember correctly CT is 4" MA is 3.5" and RI is 3" some measure the sharp part of the blade some measure from the handle.
                      http://www.benchmade.com/products/705

I also have junk knives that I use in the garage.

I had a few kershaw but the benchmade are way better.

I can flick out the bench made faster than your assisted assisted kershaw. I really didn't like having the assisted.

Carry it ever day for the last 10 years and still smooth solid no play and Axis lock is awesome.

Unless you loose knifes a lot get a good knife, I've convinced a few friends to get benchmade all very happy.

They have life time sharpening too never used it though.
                      I always go with straight blades easier to sharpen.

But I'm sure you will be happy with any nice knife.

just my opinion
                      ~Justin
                      RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                      www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                      Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

I have this is and I love it. Not too big, not too small.

http://www.thebladeshop.com/Kershaw_...k1840cktst.htm
                        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                        1999 sierra
                        1967 M725 Big and Slow
                        -Dan

Comment

I carry either my Kershaw Mini Mojito, I had to send it back once for service and I was very impressed with how they handled everything.

Or my Benchmade, it's probably the most solid feeling and sturdiest folding knife i've ever had. I wasnt sure I was going to like the slider lock on it at first but it's my favorite knife. And if oil it with a little bit of lanolin now and again it opens just as fast as any of the spring ones.

I have about a dozen other knives too but I dont use them very much. But the only company who I really didn't like was Boker, I had one of their folding knives and it felt really flimsy and was all around not that nice, the blade was all loose and floppy and it chipped really easy. I use it for opening bottles and stuff now, but I have one of their fixed blades and it's not bad though.

Also, why do you want serrated, I hate having serrated blades, they are a bitch to sharpen and the serrations dont even do anything unless all you do is cut rope all day.

If I were to make a recomendation however I would say Kershaw, never seen a bad Kershaw knife and they are more reasonbly priced than Benchmades etc...
                          Last edited by iant333; 07-23-2010, 09:59 AM.
                          01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by iant333 View Post

Or my Benchmade, feels solid as a rock and is a great knife.

That's a nice looking knife I like it.
                            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                            www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                            Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

woody fixed gut blade
                              I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Working...
                              X