Wheeling with golf carts in moab....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheeling with golf carts in moab....

Haven't really been around in awhile as I've been traveling around a bit, but today was a pretty awesome day. Chris and I decided to split from the other three for the day and do something besides ride in a jeep... So we spent a little money and rented a pair of glorified golf carts. Yes, they are made by Yamaha. And they are known as the Rhino. Chris went for the 400 but I spent a little more dough and went for the 700. Both were equipped with long travel suspension, aggressive tires, four wheel drive, a low range, and front and rear selectable lockers. These things top out at 40 miles per hour and have a full roll cage.

We started out with the trail known as fins and things which is said to be the first trail everyone should do as a first trail in moab. Gotta tell you easily 10x more fun in a rhino when compared to a jeep. We did these trails in the jeeps the day before and they were mildly fun, but there wasn't a minute on these trails that I was bored on the rhino. I would strongly suggest that if you ever get the chance to drive one of these, to do it.

After fins and things we did baby lions back and finished up with hells revenge. I attempted the escalator and the tip-over challenge but the front tires were just coming up so I decided against it considering the 600 dollar non-refundable deposit should we damage the carts.

These beasts are street legal round these parts and tons of fun. Quick update for anyone who cares to know, looks like another day in moab. Adams transfer case has become un-attached to the transmission. I am hearing that the studs are snapped but I haven't looked myself as I am sitting in the hotel room relaxing. Then colorado and plane ride home from denver on sunday. Gotta say I'm getting pretty excited to be home.

And now for a bunch of pics.

Escalator

Last edited by DrThunder; 06-22-2010, 09:38 PM.

i think those things are awesome...when we were out at KOH king shocks gave me and the girl i was working with theirs for a few hours...we had lots of fun
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Hate.
      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

sofuckingcool
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

So...Hell's Revenge was labeled 6 out of 10 for trail difficulty in Moab. I did it in a Golf Cart. Can I go back to RC, Please?

oh yah, chu like that tya lift and downhill? SOOO SKETCHY.
          Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Jealous, looks like a blast guys, except for the price.
            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Dickerman? Wheeling? Weird
              Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                Jealous, looks like a blast guys, except for the price.

It was only like 130$ for 5 hours. Not too bad, spent almost no gas so that was nice versus the jeeps. I don't know, I think it was the best part of the trip so far.

Originally posted by 4BangerTJ View Post
                Dickerman? Wheeling? Weird
                You know, I just never wanted to make you look bad. You specifically.

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
                  It was only like 130$ for 5 hours. Not too bad, spent almost no gas so that was nice versus the jeeps. I don't know, I think it was the best part of the trip so far.
                  Yea I just looked it up actually. They were only 170 for a full 24 hours. that's not bad at all. And they have atv's for even cheaper
                  P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                  2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                  OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                    Yea I just looked it up actually. They were only 170 for a full 24 hours. that's not bad at all. And they have atv's for even cheaper
                    Yeah, I was originally going to get an ATV, so glad I didn't.

The rock faces are soooo steep and I don't know, I've honestly never been on an ATV but I feel like they wouldn't have handled nearly as well. Not to mention, these things were street legal. hah

Comment

nice, id love to try out a rhino some day
                      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                      Originally posted by DizzDizz
                      aliens probed my husband

Comment

Lawl at tire stacking. Those things are badass, my uncles got one at his house way up in mass. He uses it all around his property to haul and stuff like that. We also beat on it when we go up to visit
                        Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

At least you guys got to wheel Moab and not just ride passenger.
                          sigpic
                          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

ATVs are legal on side roads too in UT.

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                              ATVs are legal on side roads too in UT.
                              They didn't have any registered ones at the place we went to.

Comment

Working...
                              X