Your ideal 4x4 park event experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your ideal 4x4 park event experience

Lets say an off road park was putting on a kind of "fest" weekend. I know some of you recall Nor'Easter...so similar to that in concept. We are talkin guided and non-guided trail rides, band, food provided in some form on-site, demonstrations, so on. Two day event...morn-night.

What cool things would you like to see/do at an event like this? What is your IDEAL experience. Keep this shit realistic, not "SHOOT GUNS" "DRIVE KOH RIGS" "FUCK MAD BITCHES" so on....this is Fer Serious™

DVD movies playin in the pavilion? Some kind of "fan interaction" in some way? Some sort of raffle, giveaway, that sort of thing? Anything you would like to see buggies do or perform in a demonstration/show sense? Anything you would like to learn there, hands-on even? even non 4x4 oriented, such as fireworks.

Get your thinking caps on and lets hear it. What would entice you to drive 2+ hours to a 4x4 related event other than obviously just wheeling.

There is access to 4000 acres of woods/trails, a pavilion, and of course a competition course/staging grounds
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

i definitely love love love the idea of this...

movies would be awesome.

i think some sort of interaction between fans/vendors/park staff etc...where fans can talk to those from both local and major companies about how they started, learn more about products, have 'hands on' type of things where people can test out products and stuff like that

raffles from each company, free park passes, etc are always good...gives people motivation to come out

fireworks! love fireworks!

good food...maybe stuff for kids too so parents can get their kids more involved
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Some vendors would be nice. Be able to walk up, look at a product you're interested in and be able to buy it on site. Raffle sounds awesome, maybe some thing involving a trip to koh...... maybe if some of the guys with comp rigs could even give rides on the hard trails that we don't dare try.
      God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Good suggestions so far
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

Definately some giveaways and stuff like that. Lots and lots of vendors. Food is always a plus. fireworks were fun last time. Competitions( worst stuck, dirtiest rig, best body damage, best roll, RTI ramp, etc etc). basic rock crawl comps on the comp course. maybe some drag races in the new section high speed races if allowed.

I def like the idea of kids being involved, Nicole. There definately should be some sort of green/blue trail rides for people with their kids who want a simple stroll through the woods. I think it should be more of a family oriented event, not one where people drink all day and do stupid stuff. I also like Nicoles idea of vendor demos and things like that. maybe even get a Jeep rep that can bring a few rubicons or whatever they want so people can drive them on the trails? I feel that would get people into the sport a little more and make it more family oriented.

I think this could be an awesome experience for not only people who are die hard into this sport, but people who are just getting into it or starting to get into it.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

I definitely like the vender interaction idea. For example, have Rough Country bring bring a rig with their new TJ longarms on it or something where we get to drive it on a pre set up course. Or Masterpull does demonstrations with their new winch lines. I always think of the Camp Jeep stuff at the auto shows, I think that is the coolest idea ever. However, this wouldnt be nearly as big.

Good food is always a plus, something beyond just burgers and dogs.

Wheeling new trails is always great, as is just wheeling in general. Trail guides would be cool as well, it's always nice to learn new stuff. Maybe the vendors could send out a few rigs with people following them. I personally would much rather buy something if I saw it work flawlessly in action. Then relay the message and so on and so forth.

Always love camping, no need for hotels. It would be cool to just pack everything in and wheel/camp for a few days in random spots we find.

If I think of more I'll post more
            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

i kinda like the idea of giveaways with trivia questions involving jeeps/offroading/etc...where a group of people can gather around and whoever gets the question right wins a gift card, part, etc...
              mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
              2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
              and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

hrmmmm. all of this sounds just like easter jeep safari. And it was a blast when i went. these are all good idears.

East coast EJS maybe???
                2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                • 5.13's
                • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

-Live bands would be cool.
                  -Fred actually wheeling would be a big hit
                  -Car show
                  -Something for every age group to do on "down time"
                  -Raffles
                  -Product demos
                  -Silent auction with money going to charity
                  -Fireworks
                  -Beer
                  -Camping
                  -Vendors
                  -Beer
                  -Trail rides that accommodate for all levels of rigs/ drivers
                  -Safety course (i have witnessed some stupid dangerous things on the trails)
                  -Whiskey
                  1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                  2001 wj tbd
                  1974 5 ton

Comment

-Bands
                    -I like Andrew's idea of the Jeep-oriented "Best in Show" type things- muddiest/most damaged, etc.- but with some form of award- maybe gift certificates to certain manufacturers or something
                    -Trail guides would be cool
                    -Movies would be cool too
                    -I know you said "Driving KOH rigs" is a no-no, but what about a feature with some KOH style rigs or maybe a ride-along on some mild trails?
                    -An intro school, similar to Skip Barber but oriented towards wheeling, that teaches the basics of wheeling and how to pick lines/be safe
                    -Classroom-style instuction spots on welding/installing stuff like gears, lockers, etc.
                    -
                    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                    MK2 Jetta > M3
                    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

free stuff would get me there.. just saying
                      4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

-i really like anything to do with venders, maby have them bring out concept parts like tires for people to vote on to see which could or could not go into production or just to see there opinions.

-bands are awsome
                        -food
                        -drinkss

- maby some kind of compitions on different courses wear certain venders have there own trail/course an you have to have some of there parts to run on there trail/course. whoever wins, will get parts from them.
                        97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

Jeep competitions/contests is an awesome idea! So are raffles, give aways and vendors!

I think having kid-friendly games and such is super important for people to be able to enjoy themselves and keep the kids busy. Maybe even small kiddie rides?

If the DVD's are playing they could be showing vids of races/rock crawling (cough HMC cough).

Comment

Originally posted by TSISam View Post
                            So are raffles, give aways and vendors!
                            X2!!! I need a hi lift!!
                            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

also how about in like the main area of the place, wear all the raffles an vender things are happeing they have live coverage of people wheelin on the trails an the comp courses?
                              97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

Working...
                              X