Windows Media Player Playback problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Media Player Playback problems

When I try to play almost ANY video format in windows media player, it plays in black and white. BUT, if i try and play the video in the divx player, it plays just fine which leads me to believe its NOT a codec issue and just an issue with windows media player. Any ideas? This just started happening randomly, worked fine 2 days ago, now it does not.

Have not made any chances to any settings or anything. I uninstalled all video codecs and reinstalled but it did not fix it. Ive searched the internet and havent really found a solution. Any ideas?

update WMP? is it in the computer-based player or the web player? if it's the web one, it might be a browser plugin. or just uninstall and reinstall it.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

comp based

Comment

havent tried uninstalling and reinstalling yet. ill try

Comment

Get vlc player
          2000 XJ
          2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
            Get vlc player
            i have to x2 this dude. it'll play just about anything.
            MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

VLC still produced the same results... black and white

but all my videos play in the divx player

this is pissing me off, almost enough where I might reformat and give windows 7 a try...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

this is pissing me off, almost enough where I might reformat and give windows 7 a try...
                then just use the divix player?
                "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

id still like to know the reason why all the other players are failing.

Comment

id still like to know the reason why all the other players are failing.
                    did it start to happen after you installed the divix player?
                    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

nope. I had all codecs installed. Combined Community Codec Pack, and Divx for the last year. Then out of the blue, completely random, one day Windows media player starts playing in black and white. Nothing was changed, no new installs, nothing.

Comment

...try system restore to a recent date?
                        MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

nope. I had all codecs installed. Combined Community Codec Pack, and Divx for the last year. Then out of the blue, completely random, one day Windows media player starts playing in black and white. Nothing was changed, no new installs, nothing.
                          try

Open windows media player and go Tools > Options > Performance > Advanced. Disable "Use Video Mixing Renderer"

if that doesnt work, try some of the other settings in there, like the overlay ect...
                          Last edited by grundlepunch; 06-07-2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

do it. windows 7 is so much faster than xp and makes it easier to customize your settings
                            94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242
                            3" rusty's lift, 33x12.5 bfg km2's, custom front bumper

Comment

Originally posted by jeepbogger4x4 View Post
                              do it. windows 7 is so much faster than xp and makes it easier to customize your settings
                              lawl

Comment

Working...
                              X