fatal jeep rollover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fatal jeep rollover

saw this on NAXJA and wanted to relay it to all of you.

i know most people don't wear seatbelts when offroading except when required but this give you something to think about. things shouldn't have turned out this way, be safe everyone

http://kernrivervalley.bakersfieldno...n-canyon-fatal
    I drive a Datsun

Wow. Just Wow
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

seat belts save lives. that is a shame.

Comment

Holy crap, makes ya think twice.
        -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

i always always always wear my seatbelt...that's really unfortunate
          mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
          2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
          and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

damn dude
            I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

I cant fathom wheeling w/o seat belts(sober).

Hope this wasn't a "hold my beer n watch this" dare?

I'll use these pics for the 5 point harness seat belt sales pitch to my other half...

I've been told its easier to learn from others mistakes rather than my own...

Seen enough crash victims on bicycles to get a job in the ER as a tin cup stomach model. Helmets go on as do belts...

How does one not get a cage after seeing this sorta stuff and wheeling trails aggressive w/kids aboard?

Sad ending for those 2 men. Thanks for the post... Anyone got an XJ cage?
              '92 Limited XJ -MOONROOF, AW4, 242, Yakima rack
              '86 CJ-7 Laredo- 258 w/4.0 head, LOD and Rockhard bumpers, SOA HP44, Detroit, High Steer, YJ Leafs, JKS disco's, 4.10 Yukon Gears, T-18/Dana 300 clocked & twin stix, 35"MTR's, Dual Odysseys, Warn 8274, Tuffy Console, Sony CDX-C90, PPI, Focal, Highlift, Ruff Stuff, Cobra Nightwatch, holy tub
              '07 Dodge Mega DRW-5.9L, AFE, CFM+, Smarty, Custom Leather, NAV, 4.10's, 4" AFE Exhaust, Cat delete, SRT Hood, Inferno Red
              '02 Ford E-350-7.3L Work Van

Comment

Andrew wasnt wearing his when we rolled. He ended up on my lap.
                P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                  Andrew wasnt wearing his when we rolled. He ended up on my lap.
                  aww that's cute
                  1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                  1999 sierra
                  1967 M725 Big and Slow
                  -Dan

Comment

This is excatly the reason why my XJ now has a supported roll bar and 5 point harnesses, and tube doors, I caught myself always taking my belt off on tricky sections so i could look out the window..Now i can stay totally strapped in and just be able to lean my head and see what I gotta see.
                    98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

I always wear my seatbelt while wheeling but I've developed the habit of not putting it on when I'm just daily driving. I've been trying to remember but I'm just not used to it. Thats too bad for those guys.
                      Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Damn. very sad. the only times i havent worn mine is if im getting something out of the back (as passenger obviously lol) or when i had the dog with me and i was holding onto her on light trails. a guy from my high school died in an accident due to no seat belts. no drinking or anything just accident no seat belts so sad
                        2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
                        J10 project do want.
                        "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

that's quite unfortunate.

My parents were crazy about us wearing seatbelts when I was a kid; that's stuck with me. I have a hard time moving the car in the driveway without having my seatbelt on, forget driving on streets or offroad without it.

Comment

I'm one of the worst when it comes to not wearing seatbelts, I find it so uncomfortable.

But, lately I've been trying to tell myself to wear it more. I'd imagine cracking my head against a telephone pole would be more "uncomfortable" than wearing a seatbelt.

I've had my share of young and stupid accidents, the latest of which I cracked the windsheild with my head in two spots. It's a miracle nothing worse has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHeg View Post
                              that's quite unfortunate.

My parents were crazy about us wearing seatbelts when I was a kid; that's stuck with me. I have a hard time moving the car in the driveway without having my seatbelt on, forget driving on streets or offroad without it.
                              same with me. I don't feel in the seat without it on
                              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Working...
                              X