Jailbreak Iphone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jailbreak Iphone???

I really need to know what the pros and cons are of doing this.

The two reasons I want to include

1. Tethering my phone to my laptop for my upcoming trip so I can have laptop on the move.

2. I re-formatted my computer a while ago and don't want to lose all my songs when sync'ing.

Things I'm scared of, is this illegal? Is it risky? Will I get caught and what are the consequences?
    Can this be reversed and hidden should I need to return the phone to at&t for some reason?
    Can I still buy apps and songs from itunes?

Recommendations for jailbreakers

I can't give you all of the technical shit everyone else will, but from your every day average guy stand point...

I did this to my phone and it was awesome. It is a little annoying at first to get used to using the programs that you'd download apps from but you get used to it. It's not exactly the most customizable thing in the world, even with the jailbreak, but it definitely expands the options! You just gotta make sure you don't accidentally upgrade the firmware when iTunes recommends an upgrade. I wasn't paying attention once and did it. No more jailbreak.

It can be reversed by simply updating the software with iTunes. I think you should go for it, it won't hurt anything, and it's reversible.
    Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

...and its only like a 5 minute process to put on and take off.
      Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

droid > i phone

Comment

dont do it if you have a 3gs purchased after october. otherwise, google blackrain and install, easy. there is basically no downsides other than you have to restore back to factory if you need to warranty.
          2001 TJ
          2001 Tahoe
          2013 M3
          1986 R65
          1997 Blackbird
          2013 R1200GS

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            droid > i phone
            i have both, one for work and one for 'home' i guess. droid is cool but nowhere near as refined... google nav rocks balls though. but that will be coming to the iphone soon anyway.
            2001 TJ
            2001 Tahoe
            2013 M3
            1986 R65
            1997 Blackbird
            2013 R1200GS

Comment

www.blackra1n.com if you decide to do it
              God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Working...
              X