waht to get for a DD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waht to get for a DD?

well my next plan is to save for something i can enjoy daily driving more than the WJ...not that i mind driving it, but it is just alittle slow and gets annoying sometimes..i dont drive all the time i work at a marina with my dad so i usually tag along with him at least 4/6 days a week...

i cant get a car because i need room for tools and what not for sidework...

i thought about getting another WJ for a couple of reasons..i know a decent amount about them already, once mine gives up i can just swap all my shit over to it, and it has plenty of room...

then i also thought about buying either an f150, silverado, or ram...it would be cool to have a tow rig but im not really into that i have confidence the WJ can make it back and forth to rausch...

just looking for some advice from people who dont daily drive there jeeps..
    -Jason
    99WJ 4.0
    IRO 3", SYE, D30 aussie/8.8 aussie, 4.10s, 33's, skids/bumpers

from what i've heard DDing another jeep is never a good idea, it won't stay stock
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
      from what i've heard DDing another jeep is never a good idea, it won't stay stock
      This. It's like a sickness with some people.

"Yeah, I just put budget boost on and some 31s...then some longarms...and more lift...and 35s...and regear the axles...quadruple bypass shocks with gold anodizing...fuck..."
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by lakailimited06 View Post
        well my next plan is to save for something i can enjoy daily driving more than the WJ...not that i mind driving it, but it is just alittle slow and gets annoying sometimes..i dont drive all the time i work at a marina with my dad so i usually tag along with him at least 4/6 days a week...

i cant get a car because i need room for tools and what not for sidework...

i thought about getting another WJ for a couple of reasons..i know a decent amount about them already, once mine gives up i can just swap all my shit over to it, and it has plenty of room...

then i also thought about buying either an f150, silverado, or ram...it would be cool to have a tow rig but im not really into that i have confidence the WJ can make it back and forth to rausch...

FWIW, getting a car to drive other than the jeep was one of the best decisions/changes i ever made

all the confidence in the world doesnt prevent the unexpected, especially when youre 3-4 hours from home. take it from me and many others here.

you can build anything "right" and strong, but shit happens when you beat on it in the woods and then want to drive it home 200 miles. i needed a reliable mode of transport for work purposes and just in general..it definitely isnt a bad idea.

if i could tow my rig sometimes, i would. no shame in that

with that said, i drive an impreza otherwise..but sounds to me like youd benefit from a pickup truck the most
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

Bicycle with a milk crate strapped to the handlebars?
          HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
          OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lakailimited06 View Post

i donno what your budget is, but buying my silverado was the best vehicle purchase i;ve made. i love the thing, and it can tow my jeep

its a 2004, 5.3l x-cab fyi
            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

wow you guys answer fast...yea a pickup would be sick, any kind i dont really have a preference..my dad had two dakotas before his jk and loved them and so did i they were comfortable and not huge...i most likely wouldn't buy a pickup to tow the jeep it would just be nice for work...

but a WJ could work as well and there are TONS of them for sale...

right now my budget is ZERO...trying to get some moneys to finish up things with the jeep than just spend money on wheelin and thats it...
              -Jason
              99WJ 4.0
              IRO 3", SYE, D30 aussie/8.8 aussie, 4.10s, 33's, skids/bumpers

Comment

Get a fast wagon, fit lots of stuff and is fun to drive.
                Bent Fab Evo4 Rockwell Buggy
                2011 Silverado 6.2L LT
                2009 Pontiac G8 GT
                2004 Z1000
                1999 TJ

Comment

you can probably score a 90's chevy pickup with a 5.7 for well under 3 grand. They run for a hell of a long time too. But you won't be getting crazy gas milage.
                  1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                  1999 sierra
                  1967 M725 Big and Slow
                  -Dan

Comment

How about a Red 1997 ford F150 XLT 4x4???
                    6000 miles on a reman. ford crate engine. with a 3 yr 36000 mile warranty.
                    5 speed. and a supah sick exhaust.

mintastic shape.

If you get a trailer this will tow you dubya j no problem.

2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                    • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                    • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                    • 5.13's
                    • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                    • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                      Lol I bought my XJ to DD since my notch wasn't practical. Now I bought a new dd cuz the jeep isnt practical . Yeah any jeep with me wont stay stock.

Honestly man go for a pickup if your not going to use it for towing do yourself a favor and grab a tacoma or something thats resonable on gas and extremely reliable!
                      89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
                      95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
                      97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
                      If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

get something you wont modify

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

V8 WJ, I love mine. Plenty of power when I want it, and drives like a dream
                          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

x3 on the chevy or gmc truck.... they can be had cheaply in need of a little work... i bought my '95 fullsize for $1500, and my '91 sonoma for $500..
                            "Life's tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne

88 Jeep Comanche 4.0/AW-4/NP231/D30/D35
                            95 Chevy K1500 ext. cab 350/4L60E/NP208
                            91 GMC Sonoma 2wd 4.3/700R4 (gotta have something that gets good gas mileage!)

Comment

I'd go for a chevy gas (5.3lt) or dodge 2500 (cummins 5.9) both will get aleast 18mpg

Comment

Working...
                              X