My saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My saturday

went out with charlie melchner on his boat for a fun run down the hudson river to the city with a bunch of other boats

i didnt even know boats like this existed! one of the boats with us was running dual worked viper motors and could do a buck 20 on the water (cigarette boats)..another with 1500 some odd horses could do 130...jesus christ on a bike! 700,000 dollars+ each boat

the boat i rode in the for the majority of the day topped at 90...not sure if any of you have done 90 on the water in an open deck...and if you have...holy shit! its like going 250 mph on land youre basically flying the entire time, touching the water very briefly..and its like being on a high speed amusement ride where the floor drops out from under you and then raises up again at speed...all with no restraints aside from your hands on the grab handles in front of you...one of the wildest rides ive ever been on for sure.

anyway...we were clipping along at about 65 mph in some chop...caught an unexpected wave crest and soared about 5 feet or so over the water...caught the next wave on the opposing side almost head on, and the boat went from 65-5mph almost instantly, water spray everywhere...the 5 of us in the boat instantly became rag doll crash test dummies...i was lucky enough to get slightly airborne and face/body plant into the seat in front of me/charlie's back...the other guys not so lucky...one guy flew headlong into the ships cabin, clipping his head on the edge of the door on his way, blood everywhere..another doing the same but ending up deep in the cabin in a white-out daze...he was in la la land for a good 5 mins with no idea what was going on around him. we had to call an ambulance to meet us at the nearest marina to take the bleeding guy in...big head gash...ive never blacked out but i spent about 1/4 second that way at least on saturday and was in some weird spinning daze afterwards for 30 seconds or so

moral of the story, FUCK BOAT RACING ...gimme 700k and ill buy a trophy truck instead..im battered and bruised

some random video from the day of the 'slower' runs when i could actually operate a video camera to some degree

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Pf1Wi_tEA[/ame]
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

You know its a good story if it starts out with "I was on charlie melchner's boat.

Seriously, glad you're alright. You'll buff out just fine
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

so so so glad you are okay...and so glad i got stuck staying in fairfield all day or else i'd probably be posting from the hospital
      mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
      2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
      and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Love the last boat catching air. I can vouch for the cigarette boats. My fathers friend has one twin built/supercharged/nitrous 454's, made it from a port in niantic(forget the name) to block island in about 20 min. Things are no joke. funnn though
        1994 ZJ- sold
        1998 XJ-sold
        2011 F-150 ecoboost- daily
        1994 ZJ- 5.5 lift blah blah blah

- Mike

Comment

i've done about 100 or more on the water. scary shit

you need some harnesses
          I drive a Datsun

Comment

ive gone about 115 in a 42' catamaran ex race boat. It was def one of the funist and scariest things all at the same time!

Comment

you definitely used a steadycam. i can see it in the pixels

winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

Will's a man, he stood up on that boat and said 'FUCK WAVES, I EAT THEM'.

Glad you're OK, but yeah, we should all learn a lesson from this.

Fuck Boats, Jeeps are better.
                sigpic
                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

damn dude, good thing you guys are ok
                  4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

Go fast boats are badass, but I'd rather be in the seat of a KOH rig or Trophy Truck or Rally Car.
                    HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                    OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                      Will's a man, he stood up on that boat and said 'FUCK WAVES, I EAT THEM'.
                      LOL. i stood for part of it, i had to be anchored by the guy in the back with me as i filmed...i later gave up on this, it was just way too intense to have a cam in 1 hand, especially a 5 pound cam..haha

Originally posted by CaptainInsano View Post
                      Go fast boats are badass, but I'd rather be in the seat of a KOH rig or Trophy Truck or Rally Car.
                      AGREED x132
                      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

whatever happened to a nice peaceful day out of the water with lots of beer ???

so glad no one was seriously hurt, could imagine if it was doug bigelow's boat??
                        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post

whatever happened to a nice peaceful day out of the water with lots of beer ???

so glad no one was seriously hurt, could imagine if it was doug bigelow's boat??
                          you tell me!

and if this was bigelows boat, we would have rolled at speed, nerfed a line mountain race boat, and lost our hydro rudder steering mid race.
                          - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                            you tell me!

and if this was bigelows boat, we would have rolled at speed, nerfed a line mountain race boat, and lost our hydro rudder steering mid race.

I would never step on a boat again, even a cruise liner.
                            sigpic
                            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                              you tell me!

lmfao.... not to mention more gallons of beer than fuel on board. but hell if i had a boat, that'd be the same way
                              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                              X