Deepwater Horizon Incident gets Worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deepwater Horizon Incident gets Worse

I don't know if you guys have been looking into this accident as much as I have but its really taking a turn for the worse right now. In case you didn't know, the Semi-submersible drill right Deepwater Horizon was drilling for oil 50 miles off the Louisiana coast on April 20th. An explosion occurred at night killing 11 workers (I think transocean still reports them as missing). The rig sank two days later.

Anyway, they were trying to cap the well all last week but its not looking good. There are unmanned rovers there tying to "hot-stab" the well shut but they aren't being very successful. Right now BP is trying to drill a relief well but that's going to take almost 3 months to finish.

So the uncapped well is shooting anywhere from 210,000 - 315,800 gallons of oil PER DAY into the gulf. They say the spill will be worse the Exxon Valdez. Fisherman in the area are going to be hurting.

Some good articles

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...ce_as_bad.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7105649.ece
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

yep

sposed to hit the coast pretty soon
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

3 month's to finish, damn they should get there shit together and move a little bit faster.
      1998 2Dr Cherokee. 4.0 HO with an AX-15 5spd and NP231. Dana 30HP front and ford 8.8 rear.
      .,=====o00o ______________
      //___l__,\____\,___ ____
      l_---\____l----[]lllllll[] _
      _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

Comment

this is realllllllllllllly bad as resident weirdo environmentalist...I'm worried here bout the progress of this
        2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
        J10 project do want.
        "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

Originally posted by 98XJ4X4 View Post
          3 month's to finish, damn they should get there shit together and move a little bit faster.
          This comment is honestly just as bad as the ignorant youtube comments. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, what do you think they are doing?

Comment

dude they just need a balloon and we can salvage the oil problem solved
            winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3AvrlYfiJE[/ame]

examples of ignorant comments. I tried to counter (tmaxxaddict92087's comment is mine)

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3AvrlYfiJE

examples of ignorant comments. I tried to counter (tmaxxaddict92087's comment is mine)
                Don't even waste your time commenting on Youtube Videos.
                sigpic
                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

IT'S THE CORPORATIONS MAN!!! IT'S AN INSIDE JOB MAN!! THE GOV'T HAS US BY THE BALLS MAN!!!
                  P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                  2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                  OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                    Don't even waste your time commenting on Youtube Videos.
                    I usually don't but this reason really hit home for me

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                    IT'S THE CORPORATIONS MAN!!! IT'S AN INSIDE JOB MAN!! THE GOV'T HAS US BY THE BALLS MAN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                      I usually don't but this reason really hit home for me
                      You are only getting yourself angry.
                      sigpic

Comment

GOD DAMN TERRORISTS

I actually find the drilling rigs pretty cool.
                        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                        2001 wj tbd
                        1974 5 ton

Comment

have to agree with phil....i could spend years fighting with people about the soldiers funerals stuff protesting on youtube, or anywhere really but if i start ill just never stop and have a blood pressure that explodes and then ill cease to exist. and then youll all have to miss me
                          2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
                          J10 project do want.
                          "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                            You are only getting yourself angry.
                            I'm calm like a bomb son.

No i realize you're right about this Phil.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X