Question for Will, and all other photographers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Will, and all other photographers

This girl I know, consistently posts professional photographs of herself on facebook. Whether she does it because she enjoys it, or because she is actually serious about taking up modeling, I really don't know.

She is pretty damn good looking, but I can't help but notice that she constantly finds places to comment on her own pictures. I'm sure some of you know the type, but the comments are always something to the effect of "oh my god I look terrible", or "eww, I look really pale". Basically trying to either sound humble, or coax out more responses from other people saying she's actually gorgeous instead of just saying thank you for the responses she's already gotten.

What's been bothering me, is that these are professional photographers, who made it their career to make her look good. It isn't some shitty drunken photo that her boyfriend took. It just seems like it's bad taste to openly insult someones work like that, even though it's herself that she is critiquing. I'm not a photographer, so maybe I'm just looking too far into it. I've also noticed that every new set of photos she posts, is from a different photographer. So maybe they are getting aggrivated, and she's telling them to shit in their hat.

Basically, that's my question. If it were you photographing her, would this be something that would get under your skin?

The job of a photographer that does portraiture work or similar, is to make their subject look good (even if they dont as-is )

so yeah, if i was photoing a girl or person and thought the work was quality, but this person was openly constantly saying how bad she looks in them..id be a little irked at that....though sometimes theres no saving a person even through post process

On the other hand, its more than likely just 'fishing' as i call it. 'Girl A' says "ew i look bad here" so that 'Girl B' or 'Boy A' (tool) says "oh no you dont sweetheart you look stunning [or insert other compliment here]!!!" either way it would annoy me if someone used my pictures to garner attention through a negative means

yadda yadda

you know the song and dance! you nailed it
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

If she really didn't like the pictures, she wouldn't be posting them on facebook.

Sounds like an attention whore to me.
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
        If she really didn't like the pictures, she wouldn't be posting them on facebook.

Chyeup.

I was thinking if I had posted them and tagged her. But hell, if she posted them, definite attention whore explosionary!
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

phils point. /thread
          2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
          J10 project do want.
          "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
            On the other hand, its more than likely just 'fishing' as i call it. 'Girl A' says "ew i look bad here" so that 'Girl B' or 'Boy A' (tool) says "oh no you dont sweetheart you look stunning [or insert other compliment here]!!!" either way it would annoy me if someone used my pictures to garner attention through a negative means
            Pretty much my exact thoughts.

Comment

agreed with Phil.

And, um, pics?
              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post

bam

i vaguely know a couple girls like that and are friends on the facebook

they always post pics of themselves and always critique themselves then the guys who want to get into pants always go "OMG NOOEEE YOUS PURDY"
                www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                  And, um, pics?
                  I knew it wouldn't be long before the vultures swooped in.

I'll post a few.

Comment

Too late.
                    Last edited by Even; 04-12-2010, 03:06 PM.

Comment

if i dont like a picture of me, i dont keep it tagged on facebook. simple as that.

all of the 'professional' pictures will has taken of me have been my favorite and they have all remained tagged. what will said about people 'fishing' for comments is so freaking true. there are so many girls out there who do that kind of shit, and it drives me crazy...but unfortunately people will do anything for attention
                      mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                      2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                      and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Pretty sure I like the pics

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

birght colors!!!!

yeah theres def a difference inbetween "holy hell i look drunk!" from saturdays drink fest and professional family portrait or something.
                          2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
                          J10 project do want.
                          "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

Poor Trigger Discipline, but sort of want...
                            sigpic
                            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

shes very pretty...so im not sure why shes making those comments besides to just get attention
                              mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                              2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                              and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Working...
                              X