Moab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moab

Well I went, it was amazing. Here is a trip report and pics.

Thursday night we took off for Price to my buddy's mothers house because a snow storm was predicted to hit I70 in one of the worst passes in Utah so we decided to avoid it altogether.

Friday morning we cruised down 191 and hit I70 and cruised through Green River and headed on down to Moab and needless to say I am as giddy as a school girl.

Track work along 191

ZOMG

First thing we saw fueling up is 2 car carriers full of sweet chrysler concepts and what not. I ran to my camera and snagged a pic but was nearly too late.

So then we went to do Fins n Things. It was kinda wet and rainy and we didn't want to try some hard trail and break on the first day so we went with a mild trail. Day turned beautiful and we all had a great time.

this is a lot steeper than it looks. slickrock offers so much traction it is sickening. ill get a picture of my rig on this if i can. I was blowing up obstacles everyone said they couldn't get a pic haha.

then we say a dinosaur

Then we decided to hit the Moab Rim trail. We went for a little bit but had to turn around. I really want to go back and run this trail.

to say it was epic I believe would be an understatement

then I decided that my shorts were way too clean

stay tune for day 2. Kane Creek and my carnage.

P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

fucking awesome dude!
      You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
        didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
        Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
        he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
        Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
        i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

instead of pulling down on your bumper he should of used a rope looks cool though
          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
          2001 wj tbd
          1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
            instead of pulling down on your bumper he should of used a rope looks cool though
            we did. he seriously sprinted to my jeep and yanked back on it then my other friend grabbed a rope. My friend then moseyed over and told me the situation at hand cuz i thought i could just drive out and that was clearly not the case haha. So i handed him my camera and told him to document this haha.

Comment

some cool rigs in the parking lot

towed by a jtruck with some beasty new engine in it.

We then proceeded to Kane Creek which is amazing

this guy was open/open in 4low and needed to basically get pushed and pulled through this place

I then proceeded to show him what a rear locker will do in 2wd

then my power steering got funky and I knew what happened. Im running a wj power steering pump and they have 2 ports for fluid and my cap plugging one port fell off and dumped my fluid out. Lame. So my buddy used a fruit roll up wrapper and a hose clamp and a liberal dose of electrical tape and bam we are oscar mike again

pressing on

As the wagon train captain I had to climb the highest mountain to tell them where to go. We had to go thattaway

this is why open open sucks

Needless to say i had not used 4wheel drive at all during all of Kane Creek up until this point. I really like to get as far as a can in 2wd and used 4wd as backup but I didn't take any go arounds.
              So i started bombing up the trail to keep up momentum and get over this 2ft+ ledge

and then my KOHesque driving struck back

blew out the sidewall so reluctantly i slammed it in 4low and powered on because the tire was toast anyways. So I got up and then hammered down launching my front end in the air. Needless to say i was having damn fun and making sure that tire wasn't living on haha.

Oh look I made it in one shot. My buddy Mitch greeted me with a 1-finger salute because it took his open/open rig 5 minutes and 5 guys to get up it

changed the tire out and threw it back in 2wd and kept on trucking

this is the cliff to the left of these obstacles. 100ft roll to a 5ft ledge to another 50ft cliff. messing up wouldnt of been fun

2wheeling it up this thing. drunk guys at the top were flabbergasted i made it haha

me not enjoying my wheelbase

I then decided to try the harder line on an obstacle i tried and lets say my chipped ring gear did not enjoy the full throttle attempt i made and gave way

Me super excited that my jeep was broke

im kinda sick of this look

did this

decided to wear my crown of fail

i so strong i break ring gearz

needless to say my wheeling was done for the weekend. My friends offered to chip in and find a new ring gear and pinion but i wasn't in the mood to set them up in a parking lot and plus im only 2.5 hours from Moab so i can just fix it in a shop and go back some other time.

We woke up late this morning and went to run Poison Spyder but it was closed for the Jeep Safari so we decided to cut our losses and head back to our respective homes as it was nearly noon and we didn't have time for a longer trail. All in all I had a blast even tho I broke the jeep pretty good this go around. Good friends and Good times. Hope you guys can make it out to wheel with me. Slickrock is awesome.

Comment

This is how much I hate you.

sigpic
                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

so effing cool dude! them's some epic pics
                  2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                  MK2 Jetta > M3
                  Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

that is sweet

Comment

i in jealousness...

#becauseJoeNitro

Comment

better fix your shit by the time i get out there

Comment

Damn man, those were some sick pictures! So jealous you got to wheel Moab. Take is easy on us open/open folk too there hotstuff
                          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Awesome pictures.
                            blew out the sidewall so reluctantly i slammed it in 4low and powered on because the tire was toast anyways. So I got up and then hammered down launching my front end in the air. Needless to say i was having damn fun and making sure that tire wasn't living on haha.
                            99 XJ 4.5" Long Arms & 32x11.5 KM2's

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                              better fix your shit by the time i get out there
                              it will be nukka. chillax

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                              Damn man, those were some sick pictures! So jealous you got to wheel Moab. Take is easy on us open/open folk too there hotstuff
                              Dude open open is terrible. Just throw a locker in one of them and it makes a hell of a difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X