If I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I

Trim my fenders upto the wood grain. Think 35's would fit? Got a chance to grab a free set of 35's on 6 lug rims... Go for it?

By the way. I am over 2'' over stock in the rear and stock height up front. Seems 33's would fit up front with a TINY bit of trimming so I think itd be ok.

Phil, how bad was 33's on stock gearing in the wag?
    Yes
    23.08%
    No
    7.69%
    Badass... DO IT!!!
    30.77%
    worth a shot
    38.46%
    Last edited by hippie metal; 03-28-2010, 01:30 AM.
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
    Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
    he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
    Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
    i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Originally posted by hippie metal View Post
    Trim my fenders upto the wood grain. Think 35's would fit? Got a chance to grab a free set of 35's on 6 lug rims... Go for it?

By the way. I am over 2'' over stock in the rear and stock height up front. Seems 33's would fit up front with a TINY bit of trimming so I think itd be ok.

Phil, how bad was 33's on stock gearing in the wag?
    what is the ratio?? i think you can fit them.
    Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

33s on stocks gears are BAD for stop and go traffic, but once you get highway speeds, you watch your MPG practically double. I got about 6-8 MPG stop and go while on the highway, I was able to get it to about 16-18 mph going with the flow of traffic.

When you go into low, the gearing isn't bad, yes you have to give it a little gas BUT I will eventually regear from 272 to 373.

I saw throw those fucking tires on and regear son. We need more FSJs.

I also say trim the fenders as long as you keep it clean and good looking. The fenders are much like the XJ ones, easy to cut, etc.
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

if the 35s dont fit i have a set of 33s you can borrow
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

I am only cutting upto the wood grain. I will not go any higher. If I do cut higher then it will look stupid. best part is. I plan on redoing the wood grain and trim. So if i get a little grinder slip. Its ok cause it will be recovered anyway. And thanks RJ, I will keep that in mind

Comment

Ryan, I think your Waggy has 2.72 gears, as Phil said. I bet those would suck on the trail. Do you have a 44 or AMC 20 in the back? PS-The letter came in the mail. Thank you!
            88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

Originally posted by Wide-J View Post
              Ryan, I think your Waggy has 2.72 gears, as Phil said. I bet those would suck on the trail. Do you have a 44 or AMC 20 in the back? PS-The letter came in the mail. Thank you!
              A: No problem man. I thought it woulda gotten there a little quicker but it works. You will be recieving another in about 1.5 weeks time

B: I have the AMC 20 I believe

Comment

DO IT SAYS MYSELF AND JAY!
                HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X