Mormons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mormons

So one of the guys I work with is a dedicated Mormon. He is a really nice guy, but presses the religion a little to much.

HOLY FAWK! Has anyone here ever looked into this? If not I suggest you watch the South Park episode on The Book of Mormon.

if anyone here is a Mormon I apologize but your religion is more fawked than most.
    You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

I never did look into it, I just figured they were all a bunch of bible thumping polygamists who treat women like radioactive waste.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I was offended at first but then you apologized but then you claimed my religion is fucked so i dont know how to feel
      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
      2001 wj tbd
      1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
        I never did look into it, I just figured they were all a bunch of bible thumping polygamists who treat women like radioactive waste.
        Watch the south park episode, its really not off at all. Its completely insane.

Funny you mention the women. Apparently its very normal for them to have a wife and then a younger women that "takes care of things around the house"

The guy I work with says this is not true but the picture of his family his wife looks like 20 and he is like 50.

Comment

Originally posted by Saharicon View Post
          his wife looks like 20 and he is like 50.
          I'm listening.

Comment

I hate when people try to push their religion on you. I'm all about diversity and have no problem with whatever people choose to believe, but just because we have to work together for 8 hours doesn't mean I'm going to convert. Leave me alone
            Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
              I'm listening.

Also if you ever watch the movie Religious with Bill Marr or whatever his name is. There is a part where he interviews two X mormons.

They basically say yea we got older and were like holy shit this is bat shit crazy and were exiled or something.

Comment

1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by 93XJRay View Post
                  I hate when people try to push their religion on you. I'm all about diversity and have no problem with whatever people choose to believe, but just because we have to work together for 8 hours doesn't mean I'm going to convert. Leave me alone
                  The other day I was telling him about all the earth quakes that were happening and he actually said something along the lines of its the start of the apocalypse and the 2nd coming. I am lucky that that I will be alive to see this.

I said, oh sweet im gonna meet Big J? can i haz beer with him?

Comment

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh they have some...uhm....different views....
                    2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
                    J10 project do want.
                    "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

Originally posted by Saharicon View Post
                      The other day I was telling him about all the earth quakes that were happening and he actually said something along the lines of its the start of the apocalypse and the 2nd coming. I am lucky that that I will be alive to see this.

I said, oh sweet im gonna meet Big J? can i haz beer with him?
                      Haha. As long as there's beer wherever I go when I die I'm all set. Or pot , I don't smoke anymore but I will in the afterlife lol
                      Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Originally posted by 93XJRay View Post
                        x2 haha
                        mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                        2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                        and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Our company does work for a few farms out by Hill Cumorah which is supposedly where the Joseph Smith guy found these golden plates which he translated into the Book of Mormon.

I looked into a bit because the origin just sounded strange and from what i read this guy found these plates had 12 guys say that they saw them and then they were never seen of again. When he was confronted about the plates he basically said he lost them.

I also read that this Joseph Smith failed at starting his own religion a few times before he started mormonism.
                          Jeep - every bump is a steering opportunity

Comment

they are everywhere here and have "holy underwear"

Comment

Originally posted by blakdot View Post
                              Our company does work for a few farms out by Hill Cumorah which is supposedly where the Joseph Smith guy found these golden plates which he translated into the Book of Mormon.

I looked into a bit because the origin just sounded strange and from what i read this guy found these plates had 12 guys say that they saw them and then they were never seen of again. When he was confronted about the plates he basically said he lost them.

I also read that this Joseph Smith failed at starting his own religion a few times before he started mormonism.
                              Yea, thats pretty much what happened. He found some golden plates, god told him where to look for them. Thats what he wrote the book of moromon off of and when people asked where the plates went, he lost them and people except that like its true haahahahhaha. Then something about indians and spreading the word of god, or indians i dont even know its so fucking weird.

Comment

Working...
                              X