disconnected my sway bar for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saharicon View Post

Sway Bar (n) : Generally when not used frolicking children will be killed, houses can be demolished, and the earth could spin off axis.
    didnt an earthquake already do this?
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by konastinky1234 View Post
      so this might be a stupid question but do you guys think it is ok to drive it on the highway like this? will i get deathwobble with only stock suspension? enlighten me please.
      Is this on your TJ? Do you have both the front and rear removed?

It's a little bit sketchy with a fully coil sprung jeep without both, I know I don't feel absolutely comfortable in an emergency situation with my ZJ. The body roll is easily noticable to any bystander watching my jeep on a regular corner.

If you took both off, I personally would look for some discos for the front.

Comment

I have had the front swaybar disconnected on my TJ for over a year now. the links broke one day and we didnt feel like fixing them. I think it rides and drives just dandy. I barely even notice it is disco'd
        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

i only removed the front so far, i think on the highway i would want it connected just in case though. do you guys think its best to have the rear unconnected, then the fron connected when you want some extra stability?

i may as well have both of em off for wheeling right? then i could just bolt the front back on when i feel a need for it.
          Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

both off for wheeling. get disconnects for the front when on the road. leave the rear off foreva
            I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by konastinky1234 View Post
              i only removed the front so far, i think on the highway i would want it connected just in case though. do you guys think its best to have the rear unconnected, then the fron connected when you want some extra stability?

i may as well have both of em off for wheeling right? then i could just bolt the front back on when i feel a need for it.
              My fronts been disconnected for i dunno a long time. Highway driving and all. Ive never had a problem with stability. Now something started getting all fed in my rear and coming lose, that felt like I was driving on an ocean with giant waves, plus no rear shocks, CA bushings were shot and who knows a bunch of other shit.
              You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                both off for wheeling. get disconnects for the front when on the road. leave the rear off foreva
                yup.
                P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                  yup.
                  x3
                  "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

thanks for the advice everyone. will disown my rear swaybar.
                    Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Saharicon View Post
                      My fronts been disconnected for i dunno a long time. Highway driving and all. Ive never had a problem with stability. Now something started getting all fed in my rear and coming lose, that felt like I was driving on an ocean with giant waves, plus no rear shocks, CA bushings were shot and who knows a bunch of other shit.
                      Scurvey Dag on the HIGH SEAS.
                      sigpic
                      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                      X