NJ & NY folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ & NY folks

Wondering if you guys could help me out. My girlfriend is coming home this afternoon and I'm wondering how the road conditions are around 287 in NJ and 87 in NY. CT isn't supposed to get much snow until later today. But I don't want to say "yes, your fine" if the highways are a mess around those areas. I'm trying to watch the news for those regions but its always better to get an account from a real person IMO.

Thank you in advance, and sorry for another stupid weather thread.
    2000 XJ
    2000 A.C.E. 750

Snowing in New Milford already.
    99 XJ 4.5" Long Arms & 32x11.5 KM2's

Comment

Im too far south to really help you out here down here about an hour and a half ago it was pretty slushy/slippery but it was definately driveable.
      2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
      J10 project do want.
      "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

even when it was pretty bad out yesterday the county roads were fine.

id imagine by now state highways would be clear.

Comment

i'm 10 min from where those highways intersect. unfortunately there is over a foot of snow in my driveway which has been plowed last night and it's still snowing. also i dont have a car right now.

so to me it looks like it's impassible but i can't see the main roads. adrew would be your best bet, he lives by 287 as well. i'll call him for you to find out how it is
          I drive a Datsun

Comment

I looked up a few traffic cameras on 287 and 87 northbound and they were both down to one travel lane. Not worth the risk, especially in a neon. Thanks for the replies though.
            2000 XJ
            2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

299 and RT9 are clear as day.

fuck the state and their bullshit not clearing highways, fucking UNexcuseable.

Comment

i drove on 87 and 84 yesterday only when the snow was in the new paltz area, and i felt fine only because my car does have newish tires on it and for some reason is a beast in the snow, but the left lane wasn't cleared on 84 and people were driving very slowly. if she feels uncomfortable i wouldn't risk it
                mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

theres close to 2ft of snow in the mountains in dutchess county, places north and west of new paltz got close to 3ft. i wouldnt do it anything w/o four wheel drive or snows if it hasnt been cleared. alex says 84 is closed from exit six to the CT line.

Comment

Yeah the just shut down parts of 84 for the exit that i would need to get off. Not worth it, and not worth my taking the tappen Z bridge to go the parkway.
                    "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

Comment

Apparently from LI north is a shitstorm.
                      2000 XJ
                      2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

yeah...i just spoke to my dad who is plowing on LI...said it's pretty bad. my brother had school canceled and basically everywhere else is closed too
                        mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                        2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                        and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

people need to man up.

Comment

smart move not going. All the schools up there are closed today, so it cant be good.
                            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

http://www.nysthruway.gov/gmap/twyte...i?region=MHI87

i just need a car and to get out of my driveway then i'm comin there
                              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
                              X