Job applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job applications

Has anyone else noticed that they are making less and less sense?

So today I decided that it was time to get a part time job. SO. I went down to a local establishment that I am pretty highly qualified to work at if i do say so, and proceeded to inquire about a job.

The chick behind the front desk hands me an application and says, "here, fill this out."

so i grab a pen while im standing there, and go to town.

Name: Frederick Hoffstaetter
    Adress: blahbliddy blah blah
    and so on. the first part was pretty standard.

the next part wasnt too out of the ordinary, it asked for previous employers.
    So now im standing at the counter for about five minutes while the chick behind it is looking at me like im a moron, because im taking a good amount of time counting backwards in my head over the last 8 years trying to come up with when (what month/year) I started and ended these jobs.

The next two parts on the application is where I started to question the logic behind whoever put this form together.

It asks me to list references. sure, fine okay. I list a few people that will vouch for me and lie through their teeth to make me sound like a halfway decent guy. In the next row it asks for their addresses.

Now, I just spent all this time filling out this application in front of this chick at the counter. Its too late for me to walk away now and return it later. Im commited. It may very well cost me the job if i just list fake info, but thats the price Im thinking I may have to pay. I mean really? Why the fuck should I have to remember their addresses so that you can know them? are you going to be sending them a review form about me? Why not just call them and ask over the phone, as I do in fact know their numbers. Oh wait, thats right, you didnt bother to ask for anyone's phone number.
    I give the street addresses, but cant remember the house numbers.

So here I am thinking that this was the most bass ackwards part of the form, until that is, I stumble upon the education portion.
    College you attended: WCSU. Years attended: 3. Did you graduate?: No. (now where the fuck is the box that asks me if im planning to? Now I just look like a dumbass) What did you study?: Journalism.
    High School you attended: Danbury High. Years attended: 4. Did you graduate? yes. What did you study?: (I left this blank, as I could not decide which one would best reflect me as a strong worker, Science, Math, Social Studies, English or Autoshop.)
    Then the next box just baffled me.
    What Grammar School did you attend?:
    I mean seriously? If I fucking graduated highschool and got into college, what possible need would one have to know this?

And so it went. the whole form just got more and more puzzling to me. more so due to the fact that it didnt ask for anything useful, not even my age.

All of this seemed pretty strange to me, so i thought i would share with you guys.

now wish me luck, cuzz i need a job!
    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

i have never seen grammar school listed on a job application, thats just funny
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

sounds like every typical job app ive seen

they all ask for gramma skwel

i never list everyones address, they are usually happy with a zip code and i guesstimate the start/end dates.

i didnt even fill out an application for my last couple jobs.

and one time i applied for a pizzaria and it asked me about 60 questions about pizza

"what makes a good sauce?"
      "what is the perfect pizza?"
      "what would you put in the dough?"
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post

i never list everyones address, they are usually happy with a zip code and i guesstimate the start/end dates.
        this. except i did get one that asked if i was a registered sex offender.
        94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242
        3" rusty's lift, 33x12.5 bfg km2's, custom front bumper

Comment

Fred i didnt know you had to put that much down for a job at mcdonalds. Ill vouch for you, He eats kittens in his spare time, He is a black out drunk who starts at 7am drinking, He is a meth addict who also sucks dick for coke, and he idolizes screech from saved by the bell. Work for ya?

Good luck
          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
          2001 wj tbd
          1974 5 ton

Comment

I guess if they figure you have to motivqation to finsh the application you have a job
            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Every job application I've filled out since the age of 15 has had all those categories on it. At 24 I really wouldn't be surprised to still see them on there. Not saying it makes sense, but its pretty standard.
              2000 XJ
              2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

I can't say that I've filled out an application that has ever asked for anything before high school or more than a name and contact number for the reference.

Comment

On all the apps i've done, i just say "New Milford" for address. But then again, all the jobs that i would like to have (help with parts and what not) have that stupid 18+ policy.
                  God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

online applications are definitely the worst.
                    especially the 'idiot test' they give with them.
                    erika. sweat and dirt;

00 xj & 93 yj.

Comment

I have to say I've never filled out a Job Application, Ever, so I really can't relate....

OK maybe once I did when I applied to Angus Steakhouse years ago, but I didn't even fill it out if I remember correctly...
                      sigpic
                      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Im just used to being a damn city worker.

those applications are long pointless and ask everything (minus grammar school) but at least in a way that makes sense.

and they call the referances you list.

I donno, this one just seemed dumb.
                        "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                        It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

my most recent job actually made me give blood , hair , and piss samples, and they made me strip and searched every inch of my body. WTF is up with employers these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post

i didnt even fill out an application for my last couple jobs.

and one time i applied for a pizzaria and it asked me about 60 questions about pizza

"what makes a good sauce?"
                            "what is the perfect pizza?"
                            "what would you put in the dough?"
                            "Is you rly guna deliver pizza in that big tarred Jeep?"
                            Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              my most recent job actually made me give blood , hair , and piss samples, and they made me strip and searched every inch of my body. WTF is up with employers these days.
                              they're tryin to make sure you're drug free. usually only a piss test is done but i guess they wanna find out what you've done in the past year wth the hair. and strip searching is because people try to bring in other people's piss or use synthetic urine if they know they're not gonna pass (trust me my friend's trying to do it right now)
                              94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242
                              3" rusty's lift, 33x12.5 bfg km2's, custom front bumper

Comment

Working...
                              X