Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danksters View Post
    It shouldn't be surprising that someone dies in a sport where you fly down an ice covered track with only a helmet as protection at over 80 mph. People are murdered every day and don't get this much air time.
    To be honest I think that's a stupid example. You said it right in your own post, "people are murdered every day". That should explain to you right there why they don't get this much air time. Murder isn't a worldwide event that brings the greatest athletes of every country together every four years, regardless of politics. Not to say it's not a tragedy when it happens, because it is. But that is the sad reality of it.

In my opinion, luge seems similar to superbike racing at first glance as far as the risk involved. The only real protection they get is some sort of protective suit (not sure what material luge uses) and a helmet, while they skim along inches from the ground at high speeds. But, it still would surprise me if I found out Matt Mladin died tommorow. They are both sports with (normally) well designed safety precautions.

Comment

I was glad to see a wall up immediately as I'm sure everyone was. Winter Olympians are primarily graceful thrill seeking athletes(with a predisposed DNA string) and its not normal to sweep anything like Norad's tragic run under the rug as whatevs dude ur the one competing in this risky game of luge now back to you Bruce...film every 5 minutes as a general recap (MA advised)

And yeah maybe the french thing was a dig and thats more about my personal experience with Canucks on the Eastern seaboard in the construction business so my bad if that helps the rebuttal. I don't beat the war drum ever...that was a maaaaad slippery slope as a reference point-ooops

Cheers and enjoy the games if you get the chance SiS peeps.
      '92 Limited XJ -MOONROOF, AW4, 242, Yakima rack
      '86 CJ-7 Laredo- 258 w/4.0 head, LOD and Rockhard bumpers, SOA HP44, Detroit, High Steer, YJ Leafs, JKS disco's, 4.10 Yukon Gears, T-18/Dana 300 clocked & twin stix, 35"MTR's, Dual Odysseys, Warn 8274, Tuffy Console, Sony CDX-C90, PPI, Focal, Highlift, Ruff Stuff, Cobra Nightwatch, holy tub
      '07 Dodge Mega DRW-5.9L, AFE, CFM+, Smarty, Custom Leather, NAV, 4.10's, 4" AFE Exhaust, Cat delete, SRT Hood, Inferno Red
      '02 Ford E-350-7.3L Work Van

Comment

Working...
      X