RATTLESNAKE GUTTER IS CLOSED!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RATTLESNAKE GUTTER IS CLOSED!!!

Im following a thread on the NEA site. Looks like the Gutter is closed for good as of today.

I'm quoting the following from JeepForum. A kid from MA that is new to the scene went wheeling for the first time last weekend at RSG. Here is what he said:

". . . I showed up and watched some 35" super swampers plow new trails through the forest, knocking over good sized trees. He also ripped around in the stream and up the stream banks. At one point they were going to cut down a tree with a chain saw, but the rig came unstuck before they did. Winching with no tree guards/protectors. I dont believe anyone had permission to be here either, it was the first trip here for all of them except one. Most of the others treaded lightly. Made me sick, I dont even want to think about wheeling for a while."

A couple other guys from MA responded:

"And thats why its going to be closing."

"I had heard that it was going to be closed. Is that definite or still up in the air?"

the same guy also took about 12 Jeeps to Facing Rock WMA in Ludlow MA on a run last month...

i have a link. The run was led by a gentleman who has since been banned from several clubs and forums for illegal wheelin.

http://www.massdriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35404

the same guy also took about 12 Jeeps to Facing Rock WMA in Ludlow MA on a run last month

I have read today, that the land was officially turned over to the Mass Wildlife and access is no longer granted from the road or from the Cowls Property. This is something that had been in the works for a few years now, but COWLS was not going to turn it over to the WMA for another 2 years. This little stunt caused them to reconsider and do it sooner. This is bad news people. This is a clear case of how a few bad apples trully can spoil a good thing.

This shows the importance of a few things here:
    #1, staying on the trail system is very very important. Not even important, but vital to the survival of our sport. If you cant stay on the trail, stay home. If the conditions of the trail, snow/ice/mud whatever, are preventing you from making it, turn around... dont go around. We were all young and stupid once, I know, trust me. I know that sometimes we ended up places we dont belong. But those days are over and its caused ill effects on our sport.

#2, The need for private land. Thats the only future this sport has. About 5 years ago when I got into the clubs and all this, there are 6-8 public trails that we were allowed to run. All in the state of Mass, and all fun to run. Yesterday, there was only 3! No kidding... 3! Now today, there are 2!

#3, Responsible wheeling! We have a min requirement for vehicles to go on a trail run. This prevents people from showing up with chains as a tree saver. And wanting to cut down trees to make it easier to get a vehicle unstuck. That jeep was broke even further by these retards when they strapped a chain to it, and slammed the skinny pedal. From what I am told, him and his Jeep were left behind after it broke....

THIS IS UNBELIEVEABLE!!!
    99 XJ on tons and 40s....

god damnit people are moronic
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by kracker View Post
      From what I am told, him and his Jeep were left behind after it broke....

THIS IS UNBELIEVEABLE!!!

The only good that came out of this
      God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Really...? It made him so sick he can't wheel?
        Over sensitivity at it's finest or a need to fit in with treadlightly folk?
        Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

They're an emotional clan

Comment

wheeling on logging company land (cowls) and fucking up trees. Good way to get kicked off. It's a damn shame because I just talked to some guys from Cowls last week and they were talking very highly of the 4wd community. Figures someone would go and fuck it up. This is why we can't have nice things.
            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
            1999 sierra
            1967 M725 Big and Slow
            -Dan

Comment

Fucking idiots.
              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

balls

Comment

yeas i heard the rumors earlier

morons

if we lose mabell to some dipshit im gonna be super pissed
                  www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

for the record I saw that orange XJ at the mall here a few weeks back. shitmobile.
                    1999 sierra
                    1967 M725 Big and Slow
                    -Dan

Comment

ive been to his house

he has my header panel off my white jeep
                      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

his jeep makes mine look classy.
                        1999 sierra
                        1967 M725 Big and Slow
                        -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                          for the record I saw that orange XJ at the mall here a few weeks back. shitmobile.
                          beat the fuck out him if you see him....
                          99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

Theres one guy from jf that drives an ugly ass orange xj from CT. He made some kind of wooden roof rack and was super proud of it.
                            2000 XJ
                            2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

yeah thats not him.. That guy is from Norwich

Comment

Working...
                              X