which one would u buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which one would u buy?

alright i have 2 yj's right now and i need to choose which one i'm going to keep for myself and i'm enlisting the help of sis.

yj numero uno
    91 4.0 auto. 143K. black with beige hardtop. full doors. no a/c. excellent frame. paint a lil faded in areas.
    this one needs alot more maintenance than the other one. new exhaust manifold, steering column needs work. locks don't work.

yj numero dos
    95 4.0 AX15. 153K. white with black hardtop. full doors. ice cold a/c. this one needs absolutely nothing. everything works flawlessly. paint is perfect. body is perfect. and the 95's have a whole bunch of better shit the older ones dont have. here's the kicker tho. the frame isn't as clean as the 91. theres no holes but theres alot more surface rust than the other one. i'd prob have to redo the back shackle area at some point in the future.

here's another kicker. the 95 is actually cheaper. the 95's costing me $2385 and the 91's costing me $2900. and i like driving stick better. i wish i could swap frames on them then it'd be a no brainer.

which one would u choose. lets throw a poll in there for good measure too
    more expensive older more shit wrong with it clean frame yj
    0.00%
    cheaper new better nothing wrong with it with rustier frame yj
    100.00%
    2 tj's
    3 yj's
    2 xj's
    i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

95, just do work to the frame.....

make sure there is not "corn flake" rust chips on the inside and por-15 that bitch when you fix it.

im going to put por-15 on mine when its done. haha
    Last edited by grundlepunch; 01-28-2010, 10:14 AM.
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

i was expecting the opposite from you as your going through a frame swap right now. that right there makes me really lean to the 95
      2 tj's
      3 yj's
      2 xj's
      i'm a jeep whore

Comment

me thinks the 95 as well
        mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
        2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
        and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

95 fo sho
          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Arundlemcbrundle View Post
            i was expecting the opposite from you as your going through a frame swap right now. that right there makes me really lean to the 95
            frame work isnt the end of the world. its easy metal work. I rather do that then work on the exhaust manifold or other stupid little things.... i donno
            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Id go with the 95 as well. I would rather have an ax 15 and alittle por 15 will go a long way. Late 94s and 95s had galvanized tubs and external slave cylinders on the AX15. 87-90s (and early 91's) were 'mutt' years for Jeep. Part AMC, Part Renault, Part Chrysler. Ford computer, GM switches/wiring, AMC engine block, etc...

i just wish i knew all this before i bought my 89

Comment

95 seems like your best bet and it's alot easier to get your hands on pai of axles with 4:10's

Comment

i agree. but i think its gonna need a frame swap in the near future. these pics might change yo minds

91 frame

95 frame

i can't poke holes through it anywhere but it looks pretty bad. (obviously previous guy tried to hide it)
                  2 tj's
                  3 yj's
                  2 xj's
                  i'm a jeep whore

Comment

think its too late to scrub it down real good and por15 the shit outta it?
                    2 tj's
                    3 yj's
                    2 xj's
                    i'm a jeep whore

Comment

if its solid and you cant feel any soft spots id say go for it

Comment

Working...
                      X