• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saharicon View Post
    Unlimited class, baby.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

a trophy truck isnt something you build in your garage, even if you are the fucking Pope of fabrication. Well if you want to be competitive and win anyway
      agree with this. why do u think there aren't as many trophy truck guys?? cause u need sponsors and crazy money to even be competitive.

I looked at this with the viewpoint in the offroading scene, where you can be an average guy and put 50k-60k into a buggy and go out and compete with the big guys.
      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
        They aren't designed to run Hammers.

More flawed logic.

They are designed to run 1000 mile open desert, not a 200 mile 1/3 rock 2/3 speed course.
        i know they're not. i was just using it to point out that just because they cost a shit ton of money they are not omgz sooo sickz.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Originally posted by greenxj513 View Post
          agree with this. why do u think there aren't as many trophy truck guys?? cause u need sponsors and crazy money to even be competitive.

I looked at this with the viewpoint in the offroading scene, where you can be an average guy and put 50k-60k into a buggy and go out and compete with the big guys.
          But that's what makes them so fucking special, that not anyone can just go and do it. When you and a team and build a truck and Race the Baja 1000, you are in a class of your own, it's like the guys who enjoy racing around in their BMWs and shit dreaming of those LeMans supercars.

Not everyone gets to run LeMans in a super tuned car and not everyone can run a Trophy Truck or Unlimited Class Buggy in Baja.
          sigpic

Comment

but they are OMGZ so sique! 50k or 5 million they are still sique as shit!! Its the raw power, sique nasty speed of offroad racing. Id take a trophy truck any day over a KOH rig.
            You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
              But that's what makes them so fucking special, that not anyone can just go and do it. When you and a team and build a truck and Race the Baja 1000, you are in a class of your own, it's like the guys who enjoy racing around in their BMWs and shit dreaming of those LeMans supercars.

Not everyone gets to run LeMans in a super tuned car and not everyone can run a Trophy Truck or Unlimited Class Buggy in Baja.

point dually noted, its a class above the mainstream of high performance.

and comparing a KOH buggy to a trophy truck is like comparing a 70 Roadrunner with a 440 hemi to a v12 lambo or some european super car.

Each is pretty awesome in its own way, but look at the cost jump in that jump in performance from one to the other. They are worlds apart.
              Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 01-26-2010, 11:47 PM.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

point dually noted, its a class above the mainstream of high performance.

and comparing a KOH buggy to a trophy truck is like comparing a 70 Roadrunner with a 440 hemi to a v12 lambo or some european super car.

Each is pretty awesome in its own way, but look at the cost jump in that jump in performance from one to the other. They are worlds apart.
                Exactly, and therein lies the price difference.
                sigpic

Comment

well then i concede my friend, lol. good debate.

i'd still much rather have a KOH buggy

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

its like comparing crop dusters to a lear jet.

Comment

They do the same thing

Comment

i wouldn't say that much of a jump.

thats like comparing geoff's sami to a trophy truck.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Never seen Goeffs Sami there fore it doesnt exsist.
                          -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

now lets not get nutty...

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                            Never seen Goeffs Sami there fore it doesnt exsist.
                            true statement
                            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                            Originally posted by DizzDizz
                            aliens probed my husband

Comment

i wouldn't say that much of a jump.

yes and Geoff a koh buggie and a trophy truck do the same thing... they drive on 4 wheels

Comment

And it no longer does. and caleb its in my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X