This

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
    Yes, there are many many possible ways that thing is worth 225k.

Anyway, houses are overrated, unless the entire bottom floor is a Garage and the top floor has a few bedrooms, a bath and a kitchen.
    Two of my buddies I grew up with in Kansas have a house like that. Last time I was there they threw a party and I was like holy shit this house represents all that is man. Its basically a giant shop and the rear was converted into a giant living room with a pool table, stripper pole, and beer pong and then two bedrooms and a bathroom up stairs. They have a shooting range off there deck!
    You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

Originally posted by Saharicon View Post
      Two of my buddies I grew up with in Kansas have a house like that. Last time I was there they threw a party and I was like holy shit this house represents all that is man. Its basically a giant shop and the rear was converted into a giant living room with a pool table, stripper pole, and beer pong and then two bedrooms and a bathroom up stairs. They have a shooting range off there deck!
      My dream house...
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
        is incredible.

Will, I know you like it, but pleaaase stop posting my shit already!
        I dont like to show off.
        "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
        It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
          My dream house...
          The best part was the whole thing cost them like $20000 and they had 50 acres. I miss Kansas

Comment

Originally posted by Saharicon View Post
            The best part was the whole thing cost them like $20000 and they had 50 acres. I miss Kansas
            That makes me Morbidly Depressed.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed View Post
              Will, I know you like it, but pleaaase stop posting my shit already!
              I dont like to show off.
              lemme go for a ride
              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
              Originally posted by DizzDizz
              aliens probed my husband

Comment

Fiiiiiiinnnnneeee!...
                "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

lemme go for a ride
                  whoa nobodys riding anybody
                  mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                  2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                  and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

I bet that thing scoots.
                    1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                    1999 sierra
                    1967 M725 Big and Slow
                    -Dan

Comment

i guess i'm another person that doesn't think that truck is really worth 250k bucks.
                      all these are guesses:
                      Chassis- around 15 k max for all the tube work
                      suspension and steering- 10 k max with coilovers and custom made arms er watever else comprises idependent setups.
                      I'm guessing theres some crazy motor under the hood, but you can't make me believe there is more than 30k into the drivetrain, when i can buy a crate 426 hemi for 13k.
                      tires and wheels 2-3k
                      all that flashy stuff, bumpers, lights- 5-6k
                      interior.... seats, computers, navigation stuff etc- 8 k max
                      anything else i might have missed- 20k
                      an extra 10k just for shits an giggles....

that all adds up to around 100k dollars which seems alittle more reasonable than 250k.
                      which makes sense, thats about the average cost of a "modified" style race car and probably close to twice the cost of a very well built and competent rock buggy.
                      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Like RJ said though there is a lot of R&D and the guys taht do that don't work for free.....

Comment

Originally posted by greenxj513 View Post
                          suspension and steering- 10 k max with coilovers and custom made arms er watever else comprises idependent setups.
                          well this is where youre smokin crackola-a-thon..not knowing details about the rest of the truck, i will just state the obvious to myself at least

4-4.5" bypass shocks are typically 2400 a piece on average, and they are just the dampening shocks. and theyre pretty common on TTs id say
                          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                          Originally posted by DizzDizz
                          aliens probed my husband

Comment

I wouldnt be surprised if suspension on that truck is 50k alone

Comment

well this is where youre smokin crackola-a-thon..not knowing details about the rest of the truck, i will just state the obvious to myself at least

4-4.5" bypass shocks are typically 2400 a piece on average, and they are just the dampening shocks. and theyre pretty common on TTs id say
                              i'll give you that, things like the price of those shocks i didn't know. I have only seen prices for the 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0 airshocks and coilover assemblies. i never really went too indepth in checking out the suspensions for these trucks, but even then add another 50k for the suspension. and its still not even close to 250.
                              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Uhm, this.

Suspension and steering 10k MAX? I want the crack you're fucking smokin, Matt, cause clearly it's damn good stuff.

Originally posted by greenxj513 View Post
                                i'll give you that, things like the price of those shocks i didn't know. I have only seen prices for the 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0 airshocks and coilover assemblies. i never really went too indepth in checking out the suspensions for these trucks, but even then add another 50k for the suspension. and its still not even close to 250.
                                Regardless, there are other things you still need to take into account. Breathing filters for both passenger and driver, there are a lot of unseen costs in that, like building it and tuning the suspension to perfection.

If you can build one for 150k, lemme know.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X