You ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You ever

Have a conversation with someone who has no clue about what they're talking about? This kid I work with talks to me about cars every single night and he doesn't have a clue about what he's talking about. It makes my brain hurt agreeing with him for so long when he's wrong about everything. I'm not saying I know everything by any means, and in the grand scheme of things I probably only have a drop in the bucket. But this kid continually sets the bar for himself.

We were driving around the other night and he was trying to do donuts in the 09 Exploders we have for cruisers. I tried explaining that not only is it a FWD automobile, and the ass end will not whip around, but furthermore it has an automatic 4wd system that kicks on when it sense wheel slippage. He insists on continuing.

Tonight he was explaining to me how cool V6 Mustangs and the Fore Flex are. He also regularly goes into detail about buying "jap cars". He still thinkgs Toyota and Honda are made 100% by commies in China. Then they get shipped over here on a boat and anyone who buys them is supporting the "jap economy"

My head hurts
    Last edited by Adam; 02-24-2009, 08:15 PM.
    2000 XJ
    2000 A.C.E. 750

Yea, I avoid people like that. Majority of my friends are very mechanically inclined.

Comment

Well, ya see. those them there round wheels probly work real well and all... But I reckon that these here square ones will work even gooder.

"Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
      It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

yip, One guy with a TJ was convinced that a h.p. D30 could handle 37s and 4.10 gears would be good. This guy also want a 12 inch lift and he was convinced I couldn't fit 33 under 3 inchs of lift. He is actually really good at mechanical stuff but I dont agree with his Jeep building methods.
        -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
          yip, One guy with a TJ was convinced that a h.p. D30 could handle 37s and 4.10 gears would be good. This guy also want a 12 inch lift and he was convinced I couldn't fit 33 under 3 inchs of lift. He is actually really good at mechanical stuff but I dont agree with his Jeep building methods.
          I know a jeep guy like that in town. Hes got 8.5" of lift to clear 35's. Hes pretty smart, we just have differing opinions.

This kid I work with just makes my head hurt. I have to just smile and nod at everything he says because its all wrong. I don't feel like explaining to him why he is wrong, and on occasion when I do he just doesn't care.
          2000 XJ
          2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

I know who that is Adam....pick me pick me!
            "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

Comment

Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

about 70% of the people that try and educate me on guns are about as dim witted as dirt.
                sigpic
                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I remember this kid from my english class last year and he was always talking about cars and shit. He didn't have a clue what he was talking about. One day he goes on about STI's and how they are so fast because of their turbos. He watches a youtube video and in the beginning it showed the stats of the car. It says "18psi." He goes "what does that even mean. PSI what does that stand for? Its gotta be something for the tires."

I felt stupider after listening to this kid
                  Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Exploders are front wheel drive? or were you going for 4wd?
                    99 xj, 3" RC, 35" BFG AT red labels, custom rear bumper, SYE, armor, Hellas, waggy 44's fr+rr, 5.13's ,lunchbox lockers fr+rr, rear disk conversion,rock crusher covers frt+rr, beefy homemade 1 ton highsteer setup

Comment

I know a mechanic (who actually is pretty damn smart about jeeps) that kept telling me that all D60's came with 1410 u-joints

Comment

i hate that stuff.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by 4BangerTJ View Post
                          I remember this kid from my english class last year and he was always talking about cars and shit. He didn't have a clue what he was talking about. One day he goes on about STI's and how they are so fast because of their turbos. He watches a youtube video and in the beginning it showed the stats of the car. It says "18psi." He goes "what does that even mean. PSI what does that stand for? Its gotta be something for the tires."

I felt stupider after listening to this kid
                          Haha i had to post up this story after that one.

First of all he works at AutismZone so i didn't really expect much.

This kid in town owns a first gen eclipse and everyone thinks he's a badass because his car is so fast. He pulled up to McDonalds one night and starting talking about all this crap about his car. So i proceeded to ask him what turbo he was running, blah blah. I forget the name of the turbo but i was like oh really sweet. I'm not farmiliar with what turbo that is do you have any idea how many lbs/per minute? (I'm pretty sure every turbo has a lbs per minute of air that it produces at max)

He proceeded to say WTF are you talking about, are you retarded. All i know is what boost i can run, I can run like 35lbs of boost.

So i said oh really, well i can also run about 25lbs of boost on a stock WRX with a TD04 but it wont do me any fucking good over 18-19lbs so go home cheif.

I haven't been in the subie business in a while so i hope everything i said was correct

Comment

my mom's exploder's AWD is badassery if you wanna do crazy shit and not slip. getting a tire to spin in that thing is like winning the lottery.

Comment

wanna bet

Comment

Working...
                              X