Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone ever do a subaru DOHC 2.5 timing belt? RJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone ever do a subaru DOHC 2.5 timing belt? RJ?

is it as bad as the interwebs and the GIANT alldata says it is? its 6.5 labor on the books... and idk if i can afford paying a shop to do it but at the same time idk if i can get it done myself.

i've done them... its a pain in the ass but you can beat the book time if you're good... I've gotten them done in about 4 hours before
    Originally posted by Fast Orange
    if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

sti swap
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
        sti swap
        got a money tree i could borrow? i honestly wish i could, hell, i wish i could afford the extra $700 for cams since its all fucking coming apart anyway.. but yea

i called a few shops and some cant even do it bc they dont have the right tools or a "technician" for it. i'll probably be dropping it off at metric subaru in huntington.. i know the guys there and they have a really good rep. its gonna cost me 5-6 arms and 2-3 legs but at least it'll be done right.

Comment

I can go around outside the base and collect arms n legs from the bombers pieces left over if that will help you?
          You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

Originally posted by Saharicon View Post
            I can go around outside the base and collect arms n legs from the bombers pieces left over if that will help you?
            yea def, mail em my way.

Comment

Ill ask my friend what he just payed to have his done.
              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                yea def, mail em my way.
                rgr, Ill send fed ex. Payment for the Adobe
                You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

its not that bad to do but i hate doing timing belts period. For tools i just line up the everything and lock em with vise grips in place cam wise. Get subaru parts http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126988

should of never got rid of timing chains
                  1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                  2001 wj tbd
                  1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
                  X