virus help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virus help

my fucking computer that ive kept clear of viruses for years now, all the sudden is fucking blanketed with malware shit and viruses that effect my internet browsers, i cant open firefox and whenever i open IE the "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close." window pops up, but as long as i dont click anything it stays open, but the windows keep piling up every few seconds, and it keeps trying to download "malware defense installer" but i think its a fake program to cover the virus because when i try to cancel it it keeps coming back up with more download progress, and theres music or voice recordings coming from nowhere playing on my speakers, what the fuck do i do!? someone please fucking help me this shit is insane and totally out of nowhere
    2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
    1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

malwarebytes works really well
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

format c:

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        format c:
        explain
        2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
        1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
          malwarebytes works really well
          truth. it saved my computer in the middle of finals last month and i know a lot of people who use it. i also use spybot search and destroy. if you still have problems though i can find out some other programs... my brother is a techie and always has new ideas

Comment

aka wipe yo harddrive son.

I second what RJ said.
            Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Format c: (assuming C: is the root of your harddrive) would whip everything and require a fresh install of windows.

I've never heard of the malware remover but it cant hurt!
              -Matt
              Facebook

Comment

If you arent computer savvy then I wouldnt recommend trying to reformat your computer on your own, but what it does is basically deletes everything off your computer, re-installs windows , and you start over fresh like the computer was new.

Comment

You could just throw a windows install disk in there and wipe it, then install. Its a much easier way in my opinion.
                  -Matt
                  Facebook

Comment

If he has a "bookmark" in the past (I can't think of the proper term) would you be able to walk him through how to back track his computer to before this happened?

Comment

Originally posted by XJcrazy00 View Post
                      You could just throw a windows install disk in there and wipe it, then install. Its a much easier way in my opinion.
                      but then who is he going to cry to when he has no drivers and cant get online to get said drivers?

run malwarebytes IN SAFE MODE, it kills 99% of everything.

Comment

He can't download it.

Comment

then its pretty fucked. format c: indeed.

if you cant do it, pay someone else to. such is life.

Comment

download the program from someone else's pc and save to a cd or flash drive. start your computer in safe mode, run the program and see if it takes it away. another option would be to go safe mode, save what you need on a flash drive and reformat like some others said. a little more involved as you need to track down latest drivers etc but your computer will run the best it can.
                            up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                            eliminator MJ - Sold
                            99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                            Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                              then its pretty fucked. format c: indeed.

if you cant do it, pay someone else to. such is life.
                              its why i have a job
                              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Working...
                              X