Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Financing a computer. Anyone ever done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financing a computer. Anyone ever done it?

I really want/need to finance a new quad core imac soonish i think.

Problem is, ive never really done something like this before. Is there a benefit to using a retailer, such as say, best buy? as opposed to apple direct? (forgive me if this is retarded, i am fawking clueless)

has anyone used them before for this purpose? I know Mike has...

with that said, i will likely be denied as i have little credit, but i can use one of my parents as a go-through probably if i need to.....i think
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

go to south norwalk pawn there is a guy that looks like bryan he will give you a loan

in all honesty i think best buy would be an easier place to get financing through. The advice i can give you is look into the interest rates/ term and try applying for either one. Just because you got approved does not mean you have to buy from them. Read their EULA and stipulations thoroughly and decide which one is best for you.

On that note credit is not something to take lightly. I see it fucked up all too often in my line of work a new tech out of high school had mommy and daddy cosign a 12000 dollar tool box thinking he can afford it, then he defaults on payments has it repo'd screwing up his credit along with his rents.
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

double post
      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
      2001 wj tbd
      1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
        go to south norwalk pawn there is a guy that looks like bryan he will give you a loan

in all honesty i think best buy would be an easier place to get financing through. The advice i can give you is look into the interest rates/ term and try applying for either one. Just because you got approved does not mean you have to buy from them. Read their EULA and stipulations thoroughly and decide which one is best for you.

On that note credit is not something to take lightly. I see it fucked up all too often in my line of work a new tech out of high school had mommy and daddy cosign a 12000 dollar tool box thinking he can afford it, then he defaults on payments has it repo'd screwing up his credit along with his rents.
        for what its worth the payments wouldnt be all too ridiculous per month, before i finance anything, if i even do, im going to be sure i can do it
        - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
          for what its worth the payments wouldnt be all too ridiculous per month, before i finance anything, if i even do, im going to be sure i can do it
          thattaboy, or just find one off the back of the truck for 1/3 of the price

i was just giving you some info/ insight
          2001 wj tbd
          1974 5 ton

Comment

I never have Financed a PC or Laptop. But I recently just purchased a MacBook Pro from the Apple Store and I think buying from an "Actual Apple Store" if you are going to be purchasing an Apple product is better then if purchased from an outsider such as BestBuy because of their knowledge and support for the product they specialize in and only sell.
            HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
            OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
              thattaboy, or just find one off the back of the truck for 1/3 of the price

i was just giving you some info/ insight
              trust me if i can i will....2 grand aint no small price
              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

I fianced my laptop through circuit city. It was about 3 years ago when I wanted to build some credit. If you don't have much credit, or enough money in the bank to cover the full cost of the computer, you will likely need a co signer. I did all the paperwork through circuit city but they used chase manhattan as their financing company, so that's who I was really making payments too. Eventually they sent me a credit card which was linked to my loan account. My comp is paid off and I use the Chase card as my credit card now.

I'm not sure how Best buy will do it. They obviously will be around for a while so you may end up making payments to BB and only BB, no credit card nonsense like my situation.
                Last edited by Adam; 01-08-2010, 03:37 AM.
                2000 XJ
                2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

My friend did it at best buy when he was 18 no cosigner. computer was 1200, he payed ~100 a month till it was done.

lol i'm the king of loans, but I always use my credit union and they love giving my money.

Hay I found a jeep, gimmy loan. k
                  Hay I wanna buy jeep parts gimmy loan. k
                  Hay I found a bike but i'm gonna say it's a quad so I get the title. k
                  Hay I found another bike gimmy loan. k

I combined loan B and C, but I still got 3 loans. Sure you won't have any problem. By Def look at interest rates before signing anything. I had a sears card that had a variable APR and it went to 52% one month. Paid it off, canceled it and cut it up.

Comment

Best Buy usualy does 0% for the first year or two. I would also recommend getting the extended service plan. I got it on my ipod and sony laptop and it saved me money when both had to be fixed. The hard drive on the ipod got replaced twice and the cd drive and fan got replaced on the laptop and no money came out of my pocket.
                    I need the 4.0L!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

business write off.
                      apple will stand behind their product better then any retailer. i would not buy applecare right off the bat, i would get it at the end of the first year. i have heard horror stories with geek squad support.

Comment

If prices are the same, I would buy it through apple. They should have a student purchase program as UConn has a link to it. They don't even verify that you are a student as my manager still buys stuff with the UConn discount and he graduated 5 years ago. It isn't much, but $100 or whatever you save always helps.

I'd try to do it on you own first so you can help your credit. You're going to continue to have little credit if you don't put things in your name
                        Last edited by Krazors001; 01-08-2010, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan10 View Post
                          business write off.
                          apple will stand behind their product better then any retailer. i would not buy applecare right off the bat, i would get it at the end of the first year. i have heard horror stories with geek squad support.
                          Apple Warranties there products if bought at any authorized retailer

Comment

x2 on waiting to upgrade with applecare. i bought the standard 'one year' and they usually email you and offer you 'OMG DISCOUNT if you get it again before it runs out' i plan on getting another 3 years after mine runs out. they replace anything. screen dont light? new screen. power supply wont charge? heres a new one. mobo fried? new one. dropped your computer down the stairs? new computer.

Comment

thanks for the advice/info everyone

now to rob some hookers for money
                              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...
                              X