vintage motorcycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vintage motorcycles

i'm looking into buying a bike before it gets too warm, i dont wanna spend more than $1k, and that is definitely possible browsing around craigslist. i wanna pick up an older zuki or honda type cruiser... something like this i guess?

i really dont know much about older bikes, and i've heard a few things about controls being changed or something non-standard before a year or whatever.

so if anyone could throw me some advice on what to look for or avoid, that would be great. also, if anyone knows someone that wants to get rid of something lemme know. aesthetically, i dont really care what it looks like as long as it runs, or i can get it to run. im not looking for a project but a bike needing carb rebuild or tuneup is fine... also dont need a giant 950cc bike. i just want something to poop around on and feel i'm a super cool dude from 1981.

wait a second...

adam schwartz?

a motorcycle?

well...this is definitely interesting.
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

interesting how? i've ridden dirt bikes for a long time.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/mcy/1536111291.html

Comment

i know nothing of bikes and a friend of mine almost died in an accident so i reallllly have no idea about them. that thing LOOKS really cool though haha i love vintage type stuff
        2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
        J10 project do want.
        "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
          interesting how? i've ridden dirt bikes for a long time.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/mcy/1536111291.html
          not in a bad way, just never pictured you as a motorcycle type.

whats the deal with the subie? still wanna get rid of it?
          2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

everything depends on my job situation after school. if i land a sweet local gig with good money, i'm gonna go crazy. i have a few projects i want to do, but it all depends on the job. if i dont land anything, i'm selling everything i dont need (including the jeep bc itll 'splode) and moving out west with the subie.

i just get bored easy... i like having new things. i might sell my JCM and orange cab... i never use it, i lust lend it to people who will while im at school... its worth about $1500 so i could sell that, get a smaller boutique amp, and use the rest for..... something else.

Comment

no mike's xj?
              2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                no mike's xj?
                like i said, depends on the job.

Comment

I have a friend that has a 80s Honda Cruiser. Last I knew he was trying to get $700 for it, ill try and contact him and see if he still has it.
                  You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

that would be sweet cody.

Comment

Yep, he isnt someone I talk to all the time, but ill see if I can track him down. It is canary yellow FYI, but his brother has one two that is almost the same color as the one you posted I think he was thinking of selling too.
                      You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

CANARY YELLOW WOULD BE AWESOME

Comment

2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

any twin cylinder/4 cylinder honda from the late 60's and newer

they are cheap
                            they will run forever
                            and parts are still cheap

my dad and i collectively have owned about 20 of them in the past 10 years
                            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

After 1974 (I think, somewhere around there) all controls were the standard clutch and shifter on the left, brake and gas on the right. There are a lot of parts available on ebay and there is a forum dedicated to CB choppers and restores, can't think of it off the top of my head.
                              Last edited by Adam; 01-05-2010, 01:43 PM.
                              2000 XJ
                              2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

Working...
                              X