Took the boys for a ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the boys for a ride

I went to start the bike after having it sit in the parking lot all week, and found that I needed to charge the battery. I hate the cold. I hooked it up to the maintainer/charger while I cleared a bunch of ice from the parking lot (might as well since the landlord never does). After finally getting the bike fired up, I took my son out for a short 5 mile ride to get some charge on the battery. As soon as we got back, we found my future step-son waiting in the parking lot to see if I would take him for his first ever motorcycle ride.

We made sure that JJ's helmet fit him correctly, got some warm gloves on him, bundled up his jacket, and then JJ gave him some instruction on how to get on the back of the bike. I took him for the same ride as I took JJ on, and he absolutely loved it.

=Jeff=
    1993 XJ Sport, Rusty's 3" full pack, 235/75/15 Firestone Destination A/T's, custom sliders, custom bumper w/receiver, class III receiver
    1982 Honda CB750SC w/Kerker 4-2 exhaust, Unifilters, jet kit, HD Sportster seat, and Z-shaped bars.

I remember my first ride, 80 mph, no goggles on, couldnt see shit, was 10 oclock at night on a windy ass road. Was scared as fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      I remember my first ride, 80 mph, no goggles on, couldnt see shit, was 10 oclock at night on a windy ass road. Was scared as fuck.
      That sounds terrifying...lol

My dad has had a bike since before i was born. Nice little Honda i rode on w/ him.
      Last edited by Mel; 02-21-2009, 06:51 PM.
      "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

Comment

Originally posted by Mel View Post
        My dad had a bike before i was born. Nice little Honda i rode on w/ him.

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
          X2

Comment

Whats that supposed to mean?

My dad always took me for a ride on his bike. Mom had one too and sold it not long after i was born.

-Melanie-

Comment

You said your father had a bike before you were born, but yet you managed to ride on it with him.

Comment

LMAO

Comment

Yeah, my father got a bike way before i was born, when i was born and old enough for rides he gave me rides on his bike all the time. Dont think too far into it sheesh.

-Melanie-

Comment

That sounds terrifying...lol

My dad had a bike before i was born. Nice little Honda i rode on w/ him.
                    Yeah, my father got a bike way before i was born, when i was born and old enough for rides he gave me rides on his bike all the time. Dont think too far into it sheesh.
                    According to your first post, you said 'Had a bike before you were born' leading many to believe he owned and sold it before you were born. If you had said 'My father has had a bike since before I was born', it would make more sense for you to say later that it was a nice Hondata and that you rode on it with him.

you know you know.
                    sigpic
                    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Hmmm, shouldn't you add you were holding tight to a man

Comment

Ok so im tired from a busy day you bums..i fixed it, now on w/ the original thread no more criticizing a tired Mel.

-Melanie-

Comment

Ok so im tired from a busy day you bums..i fixed it, now on w/ the original thread no more criticizing a tired Mel.

sigpic
                          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Comment

Awesome Jeff!! I love taking my nephews out on the motorcycles. They love being on them weather it be the dirtbike of the roadbike.
                              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X